It's the Final Countdown!
- April 27 (or when MC reopens after inventory): ALL students may only checkout ONE book.
- May 4-8: Summer Reading Book Fair! Five books for $20!
- May 4-6: Public Library summer reading visits
- May 4-15: Burnette Summer Reading introduction (Grades K, 3, 4)
- May 6: Last day for student checkouts
- May 7: MC closed due to Kindergarten Registration
- May 11-21: Teachers turn in equipment & materials
- May 13: All student books are due
- May 18-21: Beach Reading
One Book to Rule Them All...
To be able to check out a book, students must have ALL books returned AND not have any overdue books or fines.
Summer Reading Book Fair
Please remember that this fair is different than our other book fairs. For this fair:
- No previews
- Only students with money in the fair
- 5 books for $20
- No online sales
- No coupons or discounts
We will be sending several flyers home. This is a great chance for students to get books, and we will try to have our Readers Rally titles and our 6th grade summer reading titles as well.
Summer Reading at Burnette
My first and second grade classes will learn about this during their specials. Kindergarten, third, and fourth grade will need to sign up for a lesson time to hear about summer reading between May 4 and May 15. Watch your email for more details!
A special flyer about summer reading will be given to you to put in report cards. Thanks for all your support!
Last checkout for students will be May 6, and all student books are due on May 13.
Teachers, the sooner you can turn in materials and equipment, the better for all of us on May 22! We all want to go home! An equipment checklist will be attached to your EOY checklist.
Just as we did in the winter with fireside reading, we will have Beach Reading the last week of school. If you want to bring your class for some DEAR time from May 18-21, please sign up in the green folder on Mitzi's desk. We will have ocean waves and quiet music... I'll try to get a beachy scent to spray for more ambience, too!
The Media Computers will continue to be available the last weeks of school as well. Sign up using On My Calendar.