Central Elem. Counselor Newsletter
March 30, 2020 - April 3, 2020
A Note from Your Counselor
With spring break steadily approaching, I would like to share a couple of ways for everyone to support themselves. Self-care is extremely important for managing stress and staying healthy.
- Take a break from watching, listening or reading news stories, social media included.
- Take care of your body. Meditation, deep breathing, eating healthy, well-balanced meals, exercising, avoiding harmful substances, getting plenty of rest and eating healthy meals are all great examples of self-care.
- Make time to unwind. Do things you that you enjoy doing.
- Connect with others (Remember social distance if in person). Share your concerns and feelings with people you trust.
Deep Breathing Instructions
- Place one hand on your chest and one hand on your belly.
- Breath in slowly through your nose, feel your belly rise.
- Breath out, feel your belly flatten.
- Try to keep the hand on your chest as still as possible.
Repeat for 10 breaths.
Public Service Announcement (Google)
1. HANDS. Wash them often
2. ELBOW. Cough into it
3. FACE. Don't touch it
4. SPACE. Keep safe distance
5. HOME. Stay if you can