My Strengths & Weaknesses
by Aaron Chui
· Actively set goals with specific timelines and figure out concrete ways to achieve them.
· You work best when you can control your work events - be aware and keep others informed.
· You thrive on regular check-ins and discussing goals progress - help others to understand this.
· Make efforts to avoid trampling on others' feelings as goals often take priority for you.
· Change is tough for you - ensure you talk and plan for change in terms of 'new goals to champion'.
· Schedule to attend a time management seminar and to incorporate the learnings in your daily routines.
· Stay away from unstructured meetings - they will be painful wastes of your time.
· You don't need your hand-held; help others understand you need space to make meaningful decisions.
· Seek to take on a role where persistence is essential to success.
· Continually take on roles that demand an aura of certainty and stability.
· You have a strong self-concept that you are an agent of action - nurture it.
· You are most effective when you feel you are in control of your world - be aware and help others understand this.
· You need clear feedback to develop your instincts - review your failures and successes for lessons learned.
· You identify with your ability to keep your commitments - stick to your programs!
· Stay off teams that have slackers on board as they will sap your energy.
· Do not be forced to rush and sacrifice quality - you value quality first. Help others understand.
· You are a self-starter and require little supervision - be sure your supervisors know this.
· You excel in positions that require unimpeachable ethics - seek them out.
· Continue to ask yourself what new responsibilities you want to assume.
· Protect yourself from taking on too much - build up self-discipline and the ability to say 'no'!
· Be careful about moving to management - you may prefer to do it yourself and be overwhelmed.
· Learn to recognize, act on, and leverage risks based on your own abilities.
· Look at risks that are uncomfortable and find ways to overcome them.
· Stay alert to all opportunities but focus on those currently available to you.
· Try something new each day without worrying about the journey or outcomes.
· Learn to overcome the instinctive responses to fear.
· Make efforts to discover your true passion and tie it to your work, no matter what you do.
· Align, but don't compromise, your values to that of your organization.
· You respect others for learning about your family and community - give them the opportunity.
· You give more value to greater levels of service than more money - let others know this.People may not share your beliefs, but you feel they need to understand & respect - let them.
1 weakness: Visionary
· Seek to share your visions of the future with others and hear others' ideas, too.
· Seek to share your perspectives on company news, meetings, and projects.
· Look for (and digest!) news and articles that cover the future plans of things.
· Work with or on a planning committee and keep up or review its progress.
· Look for roles where you will be pushed to see the future as vividly as possible.Actively help others to rise above the present and be excited about the future.