Mrs. Lyons' Newsletter
Week of September 21, 2015
Mark Your Calendar:
If you haven't returned your 4H forms, please do so this week.
Every Friday: Don't forget your tennis shoes for P.E.
September 22: Back to School Bash from 5:30-7:00 with free hotdogs and fun for the whole family!
October 14: 4H Day at Stagecoach (Wear your class shirt.)
October 15: Fall Pictures
October 16: Awards Assembly
October 19, 20, & 22: Parent Teacher Conferences
October 23: No School
- Spelling: We will begin working on new words this week. Students were given a copy to practice at home to prepare for our test on Friday.
- Reading: This week we will be reading a fantasy fiction book, The Trumpet of the Swan, by E.B. White. Students are strongly encouraged to read at home every night, even if it is 10 minutes here and there.
- Writing: This week we will continue writing a personal narrative, a story that actually happened.
- Math: We will continue learning about place value up to the millions place and rounding and addition of multi-digit numbers. At home, students should be practicing their multiplication facts, especially the 4x and 6x tables. Check out www.multiplication.com/games for fun multiplication games. See the button below for a link to the website.
- Social Studies: We will begin studying about maps. If you have any old maps around the house you'd like to donate, we could use them!
- Student Planners: Check your child's planner for daily updates on what we are learning. If the assignment is to be done as homework, we will indicate this with HW.