#MichED Chat 4/30/14
"Service Learning" @ Wednesday, 8 p.m.
Topic: Service Learning
The #MichED chat team for 4/30:
Moderator - Rachelle Wynkoop
Greeter - Ben Rimes and Joe Rommel
Guest Welcomer - Todd Bloch
- Can you share a time when you personally engaged in service and learned some valuable lessons as a result of that service?
- How is service learning different than completing required service hours (say as a member of NHS or student council)?
- How is Service Learning integrated in your school? Do you have examples to share?
- How do (or can) teachers connect service learning with core content?
- Should service learning be required? If so, at all levels?
- (If time allows): How do you overcome student disinterest?
April #MichED Chat Topics
4/1/14: Teaching in the Hybrid Classroom (with Chris Stanley)
4/9/14: Spring Break - No Chat
4/16/14: Redefining Curriculum
4/23/14: PLCs - the Good, the Bad, the Ugly
4/30/14: Service Learning (with Rachelle Wynkoop)