Kindergarten & Fourth Grade
1st Grade & Third Grade
2nd Grade & 5th Grade
Your Goal: To lower the helium stick to the ground.
Rules: The helium stick must rest on top of each team member's index finger. You may not grasp or pinch the stick. Begin at chest hight. If at any point a team member's finger becomes disconnected from the helium stick, the group must begin again.
- What was the initial reaction of the group?
- How well did the group cope with this challenge?
- What skills did it take to be successful as a group?
- What creative solutions were suggested and how were they received?
- What would an outside observer have seen as the strengths and weaknesses of the group?
- What roles did people play?
- What did each group member learn about him/her self as an individual?
- What other situations (e.g., at school, home or work) are like the Helium Stick?