Team News 9.15
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics, & Service for SMCS
Come, Holy Spirit!
I offer up gratitude to all of you for your support of conferences. I was at reception and saw parents before/after they headed your way. I was greeted with smiles and gratitude for each of you. Thank you for building bridges with our families. Relationship is critical and you are making that possible.
See below for our September challenge!!!
September Challenge: Building Relationships #GoodNewsCalls!
Take pictures/video of yourself or the student calling home and email my way. Prizes coming your way!!
Admin will be participating too!
Money and RSVP Collection for G-Parents Lunch
Please use a roster to track RSVP, number of adults buying lunch and money collected for each student. Turn money in by your planning period each day.
Reminders and Updates
- Grades are due finalized for progress reports in your RenWeb tonight. Mentors please check in with your new teachers to support. Make sure all of your grades are up to date this evening so we can upload.
- A quick scanning of grades show some classes lacking in the 2 grades per week. Please make sure to follow. We do take into mind short weeks, etc.
- Please cc admin when emailing parents re: behavior, conference requests and grading.
History Lesson for The Week: Sept 16 is Mexican Independence Day (not Cinco de Mayo)
Contrary to consumer culture and happy hour specials, Cinco de Mayo is NOT independence day.
See below for some ideas to teach!
Logical Consequences in the Classroom
Missed our Team Meeting? Minutes and Notes here!
School Schedules: Duty, Classroom and Contact Information
This Week's Scheduled Interruptions/Off Campus/Subbing
Monday to Thursday: Ms. Salazar and Mrs. Cortez pulling students out to finalize NWEA testing. Thank you for your patience. Schedule to follow in separate email.
Wednesday: Ms. Salazar serving on an accreditation team for Sacred Heart (to prepare for ours next year) and will be out all day for training.
I have no requests via email or in paylocity for the week.
If you're not on here, I don't have it in Paylocity or Email. Please let me know ASAP.
Monthly Team September Birthday Potluck
Friday, Sep. 20th, 10:30am-1pm
Things to Stop Doing For Kids (Minus the Alcohol wipes, Can only use water!)
September 20: Middle School
September 27: 2nd Grade
October 4: 1st Grade
Please always confirm readers and begin practicing with them by Tuesday. Please email your assignments to Ms. Cortez and Ms. Salazar by Wednesday.
I practice gratitude for my SANITY. See below!
Gratitude from the past week
- Mrs. Daigle and Mrs. Cortez for patiently troubleshooting the tech disaster of NWEA testing.
- Mrs. Rosa for attending all day bookkeeper training and learning how to process our payroll. We now officially have full financial control.
- Mrs. Johnson for her weekly diligence in chasing down missing assignments and communicating with families. It's not easy, but you do it with grace.
- See opening intro for all of you with conferences.
- All of the unnoticed yet appreciated ways each of you helps our school remain firmly rooted.
Report Card Quarter 1: Grades AND Skill Sets complete by 7PM on Wednesday, October 16
Progress Report Quarter 2: Grades complete by Sunday, Nov. 17
Report Card Quarter 2: Grades AND Skill Sets due by Thursday, December 19 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 3: Grades complete by Sunday, Feb 9th.
Report Card Quarter 3: Grades and Skill Sets due by March 17 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 4: Grades complete by Sunday, April 19.
8th Grade Report Card: Grades complete by May 22.
Kinder to 7th Grade: Take grades and complete until May 29.