Coaches Quick 3 & 1
WVS Staff Changes
To keep our Coaches in the know, the following staff changes have been or will be taking place:
Meri Tunison - WVS Associate Director - hired August 2020
Julie Sowinski - has been promoted to " Project Specialist" (new position and title)
Jane Rosewicz - WVS Program Support (replacing Julie as WVS Program Support)
Joan Hilgendorf - Retiring as of December 4, 2020 (new hire yet to be named)
From Dawn Nordine, the WVS Teachers across the State, and our WVS Team:
We welcome our new staff - Meri and Jane as wonderful additions to our staff! We congratulate Julie on her new exciting role! AND.....we wish Joan all the best in her next adventures. She has been the essence of what we hope represents WVS to you all.....helpful, hardworking, supportive, a great listener, connecting with compassion, serving with integrity, and always smiling and positive. Thank you Joan for all your years serving Wisconsin Virtual School and CESA 9. Enjoy every moment of your future! :)
Student Orientation Course
Beginning with enrollments starting on December 1, 2020, students will be allowed a maximum of five weeks in the WVS Student Orientation course.
Students who have already been in the Student Orientation course for five weeks will be closed out of the course beginning on December 1.
Should a student need to be reinstated in the Student Orientation course or be in the course longer than five weeks, please reach out to the email@example.com.
Lunch and Learn - October 20, 2020
The first Lunch and Learn for 2020-21 was held on October 20, 2020.
Some of the topics covered were:
- Student account creation
- Course and drop requests
- Monitoring student progress
- End dates and extensions
Link to the recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RdsO_jkRa6wvwDJEqs-QxCv8JxJqbveY/view?usp=sharing
- click on link
- click on 'download'
- click on 'download anyway'
Once the download is complete, click and the recording will play
Stay tuned for the next Lunch and Learn
End of Semester Tips
- End date changes and extensions: WVS allows students up to five months from their start date to complete each semester course. If the student's scheduled end date is currently less than the maximum and you'd like to give them more time (within the five months allowed), you can change the end date in Genius or contact WVS for assistance. Extensions are granted under the terms of our Extension Policy.
- Final exams: Most unit and final exams are password protected; please contact the online instructor a few days ahead to ensure you receive the password in time. WVS will not give passwords to students.
- Final Grade Reports: If a final grade report is needed by a certain date, please make sure student end dates are set with enough time for the teacher to grade and complete the final grade report. WVS will process the grade report and email it as soon as possible. Remember...you have access to the student's final grade in Genius once all work has been completed and graded. If the student isn't 100% complete and you need the final grade, please reach out to WVS for assistance.
Second Semester Information
- The enrollment period for WVS is open until June 30, 2021. This means you can enroll students in a course at any time between today and June 30th, 2021. Please be aware that the start date you choose will be the first date the student will have access to their course and the first day of the WVS 28 day drop period.
- Students do not have to take both semesters of a course through WVS. For example, if you had a student take Algebra I Semester 1in their face to face school, they would still be able to take Semester 2 through WVS.
- Before creating a new student account, please do a search in Genius under "Students Tab" for an existing student account. Coaches only see students that are associated with them. If you don't see the student, but think they have taken a WVS course in the past, please contact WVS. This will help to avoid duplicate student accounts.