The Cuda Nation
BBST Newsletter, Volume 10, Issue 3
These cudas are starting practice early!
You may choose either day to attend. If you come Thursday, there is no need to come Friday and vice versa.
If you are volunteering for time trials, please arrive no later than 3:45 to check in for your shift.
Here is the link to the form. Please have your form filled out and payment ready when you arrive. Picture Form
Sign up for Remind Alerts! You can text the following to 81010, or download the app. This is the way you will find out about practice changes.
- 6U swimmers @cudas6u
- 7/8 swimmers @cudas78
- 9/10 swimmers @cudas910
- 11/12 swimmers @cudas1112
- 13U swimmers @cudas13u
Share your social media: #cudas2018
Like and follow the Bridgeland Barracuda Facebook page
Last day to drop
Butterfly Sponsors receive the following:
1. One reserved parking space at home swim meets
2. One reserved Front Row 10x10 tent provided by our team at home meets. We will put up and take down this tent for you!
3. Shout-out recognition in our team’s newsletter
4. Family recognition on our team’s website
E-mail your bid to Tuffli Nguyen
a note from our volunteer coordinator
A reminder that essential roles will close on Friday a week before the meet at 5pm and all other jobs will open the Sunday before the meet at 8pm.
If any change to an essential role is needed after they are closed, they must contact me to work out a solution.
If there are any questions please contact Tyson Dailey
How many Volunteer Shifts do we need this year?
Summer practice schedule-this has been updated
June 5th-June 14th
Mondays are afternoon practices are at the same time as "School Year" schedule times due to pool cleaning and maintenance.
Tuesdays through Fridays
6 & under7:00-7:30 am
7 & 8 year olds
9 & 10 year olds
11 & up
Mark your Calendar
- 4/27 Last day of late registration
- 4/30 1st day of practice
- 5/3 & 5/4 Time trials during your regular practice times
- 5/7 Team pictures, no practice
- 5/8 Last day to drop
- 5/11 Pep rally-no practice
- 5/12 Swim meet v. Copperfield (away)
- 5/19 Swim meet v. Cy-Mills (home)
- 5/26 Swim meet v. Jersey Village (away)
- 5/28 Memorial Day-no practice
- 6/1 Last day of school-no practice
- 6/2 Swim meet v. Blue Marlins (home)
- 6/3-6/4 Summer Thunder invitational
- 6/9 Swim meet v. Deerfield (away)
- 6/15 Pep rally-no practice
- 6/16 Championship meet
- 6/18 End of season party @ Bridgeland pool
- 6/24 & 6/25 RWB & Ponderosa Invitationals
PLEASE WATCH YOUR CUDAS & LITTLE SIBLINGS!
Although most of the kids playing around the pool are on the swim team and reasonably good swimmers, we request parents watch their kids. Even the best swimmer can struggle if they accidentally fall into the water.
It is very tempting for younger children to splash in the water around the diving boards or near the steps, but this is dangerous and not allowed during swim team practices and swim meets. Only registered swim team participants should be in the water and only during their designated practice time.
If your child is waiting for their practice to begin and wants to play ball, they must use the grassy area outside the fence between the pool and the playground equipment. Not only is it a larger area, but it is safer as well. Footballs, frisbees, and other sports balls are not allowed inside the pool area during practice and swim meets. We have had incidents in the past where parents and children have been hit.
Please keep your children from pulling the bark off the trees and removing the mulch at the base of the trees. The team is responsible for any damage to the landscaping around the pool area.
Climbing on the fence around the pool is not allowed. If you or your child need something outside the fence perimeter, please exit the pool area through the main pool gates to retrieve it.
We really want to keep practices open, meaning non-swimmers can be inside the gates during practice. However, if we have people that are not following the rules, we will have to do a closed practice. This means the only people allowed inside the pool gates during practice will be the coaches and swimmers in the current practice. All others would have to sit outside the gates.
If you have any questions regarding this request, please feel free to contact the Board of Directors at email@example.com
Thanks for your help with this!
RULES & REMINDERS FOR PARENTS AND SWIMMERS
As swim team practices begin, we need everyone's assistance in order to make efficient use of time and have a successful season as a result.
- The pool, activity center and surrounding areas are no smoking (including vape) areas.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be openly consumed in and around the pool area, including Festival Park and the Activity Center.
- BBST has a zero tolerance policy for bullying. Any behavior determined by the Board of Directors to be bullying will result in the dismissal of that swimmer or family from the team without a refund. This includes swimmers, siblings, parents and other adults and children at practices, pep rallies, special events, or meets.
- Pets are not allowed in the pool area (except for Service Animals wearing the proper identification).
2018 Bridgeland Barracuda sponsors
Cuda Families, we encourage you to show your support of these businesses as a thank you for their contributions to our swim team.