Keep Going Keep Growing
A MESSAGE FROM MRS. ANDERSON
Greetings Bobcat families! Quarter 1 is off to a great start. Students have been busy learning first quarter content and keeping up with tracking our Wildly Important Goals (WIGS). Thank you to everyone who attended our Curriculum Night last week. It’s always a great day at Eden Park when we get to see our families on campus.
Today we kicked off the start of National Hispanic Heritage Month. It was amazing to see our students and staff come together to celebrate! We thank our school cafeteria staff who went above and beyond for our school community while serving a delicious Hispanic Heritage lunch filled with tacos, fiesta bowls and southwestern salads.
Finally, as we close out the month of September, thank you for supporting your child’s education. If you have any concerns or questions, please reach out to your child’s teacher to schedule an in-person meeting or phone conference. I look forward to seeing you next week at our School Advisory Council meeting.
Tuesday, Sep. 20th, 7:30am
3650 Westclox Street
In collaboration with Benison Center, we are excited to enter all community members who attend our SAC meeting into a donation raffle drawing. We look forward to seeing who will walk out of the meeting with a prize.
The September 20th agenda can be found on our school website under About Us- School Advisory Council (SAC) https://www.collierschools.com/Page/6981
Celebrate Freedom Week
From September 27 - September 30 we would love to see our EPE family dressed in Red, White, and Blue- while still in school uniform.
School Counselor’s Corner
It’s been great start to the school year! I felt so welcomed to the Bobcat family from students and staff! The second week back to school, all students saw a quick PBIS presentation about all things PBIS at Eden Park. PBIS (positive behavior intervention and support) is a school-wide framework to promote positive behavior. Our PBIS expectations are seen throughout our campus. The expectations are Be Respectful, Be Responsible, and Be Resourceful. As a school staff we model and teach the expectations each day throughout subject areas, related arts, and lunch/recess. Through our PBIS initiatives, our students can earn rewards and recognition as well as classes can earn rewards and recognition.
PBIS rewards and recognition
- Bobcat Bucks: Teachers can reward students with a Bobcat Buck if students are being respectful, responsible, or resourceful in the classrooms. On Friday morning, students can shop at the Bobcat Store with their Bobcat Bucks.
- Bobcat of the Month: One student from each class will be selected by the homeroom teacher. This student is an all-around superstar in the classroom. Student will be recognized on the morning news the first Wednesday of each month, receive a certificate, and a PBIS goodie bag.
- Positive Referrals: Any staff member throughout the school year can enter a Positive Referral for students demonstrating any of the Habits. Students are recognized in the cafeteria during grade level lunch on Fridays. Students will receive a brag tag.
- Quarterly PBIS Celebrations: Students participate in a school-wide celebration. Each student will choose an activity.
- Compliment Banner: During lunch and recess, classes will have an opportunity to earn a class compliment based on their behavior. Once their Bobcat Banner is completed, the class will have lemonade with Mrs. Anderson, Mrs. Howard, and Ms. Corderio during lunch.
In addition, it has been great to get into classrooms for Life Skills lessons. Each month I would like to continue to teach lessons for our students. In August, we focus on inclusion with an emphasis on Habit #5 and identifying feelings with an emphasis on Habit #1. For the month of September, I will continue to work on Habit #5 and introduce Habit #6 with an emphasis building relationships. Teachers can always request students to receive additional support in small groups for further lessons on Life Skills.
CCPS 5K: October 15, 2022
- September 26: No School for Students -- Teacher Professional Development Day
- October 5: No School for Students and Teachers
- October 14: End of Quarter 1
- October 15: CCPS 5K Walk/Run
- October 17: No School for Students -- Teacher Planning Day
- October 25: Report Cards Published on Portal and Sent Home