RNNE Thursday PD Schedule
Goal-oriented and intentional.Intervention.Authentic Team.
Sense of Urgency.
I hope that all is well! It has been really exciting to see and feel the shift in urgency throughout the building - in teacher and student actions - throughout the week!
Some concrete evidence that I have seen:
- Teachers giving a countdown to students as they are completing the task.
- Teachers displaying the timer as students are working so that the pace of the lesson/class is on track and creates a sense of urgency for students.
- Teachers sweating the details with hallway transitions - teachers have reinforced each component of HALLS, handing out Core Value Rockets to reinforce tight lines and being really zoomed in on the smallest details ("move urgently to close that gap...")
- Bathroom traffic decreased this morning which means that more students were in class learning and growing academically! This was a direct result of 1) your engaging lessons and 2) you being cognizant of who was asking/how long they were out/the criteria for them going (emergency only; during independent practice).
Some areas of push:
- Each a time student leaves your classroom space, they must have a HALL or Bathroom Pass with them.
- Showing urgency during lessons by: displaying a timer, using a countdown, use specific, odd time increments and setting goals for students to help build the momentum and urgency.
Check out Urgency in Action!
All-Staff Event - Today
We will finish up with PD at 4:00pm so that we enough travel time to arrive at the event.
The regional grade level winners for Parent Teacher Conferences/Report Cards will be announced by Shaka Mitchell during the event!
Thursday PD Schedule
- K-2 Humanities| (Conference Room)
- 3-4 Humanities | (Room 212)
- K-4 | (Room 217)