Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)
Shelter, food, & clothes!
- The Civilian Conservation Corps was established on April 5, 1933.
- The purpose of this organization was to provide jobs for unemployed, unmarried men from relief families, ages 18–25.
- The CCC was designed to provide jobs for young men, to relieve families who had difficulty finding jobs during the Great Depression while at the same time implementing a general natural resource conservation program in every state and territory.
- In nine years, 3 million young men participated in the CCC.
- The American public made the CCC the most popular of all the New Deal programs.