20 Years Leading the PACK
THE ENERGY BUS FOR KIDS BY JON GORDON
DON'T LET COVID-19 HIJACK YOUR DAY!
A Note from Mr. Shaffer
Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers who are part of our Worcester community! I hope you each enjoy this special day of recognition for all that you do over the course of any given year, but especially this year . . . It's a day that each of you most certainly earned!
Thank you for all of the notes of appreciation that were sent to teachers throughout the week! I received several messages and pictures of appreciation as well. I will be highlighting the artwork that has been shared with me in our weekly newsletter, starting today and continuing over the next few weeks. Please see below for this week's artists. Your positivity, encouragement, and kindness is most definitely appreciated!
Our latest flipgrid activity involved the collection of videos to reconnect our staff with our Worcester families through music. If your family would like to add a video, please click the link below to access Flipgrid, and then tap the plus sign to record and upload a short video or picture. You can record for a maximum of a minute and a half.
- To Add a Video: https://flipgrid.com/d69ca53d
Please click the links below to access our video playlists.
- Week 1 - Say Hello to our Worcester Friends: https://flipgrid.com/cddc8ab9
- Week 2 - Be Kind and Spread Joy: https://flipgrid.com/+cherry2688
- Weeks 3-4: Reconnect through Music: https://flipgrid.com/+cherry4450
This week, our Worcester Team is excited to share our latest creation. We hope you enjoy! A special thanks to all who participated and who assisted with creating the final product!
- BEST DAY OF MY LIFE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-NuCHyFJZKesKCBVxZJGMcCST89N3PHC/view
Stay well, keep connected, and let's all remember to smile!
With Sincere Thoughts,
Principal Shaffer (and the Worcester Team)
A MESSAGE FROM MRS. SNYDER
Hello, everyone! I wish I could be at school enjoying time working with your children. Instead of having lunch bunches with our students, I participated in a virtual lunch bunch with the three Methacton elementary school counselors. Click this link below to see a typical lunch bunch activity (high-low) that you may want to try during your family’s mealtime.
A Special Thank You to . . .
Noah, and Hannah!
A MESSAGE FROM MRS. SCHWARTZ
You are totally rocking it in Art! I hope everyone is having fun with all of the art lessons. Thank you to all the students who shared their art projects with me. I am so proud of our students' work so I created an art gallery slideshow for all to enjoy. I look forward to seeing you and posting more of your artwork.
Wishing you all well,
- Kindergarten = https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vTq9SQdIApOnqJSb9xBkifRDE25_ljmMBYsfrRl3_lb3KxhUWoSZgrAie7kyYjKbLnJhAk6MPb5zhs8/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=3000&slide=id.g7fc8f8c816_0_196
- First = https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQsZNV82YwvsuIie2HGsrdLCHssnOx8il6Mqn5fx2CUyXWhFAXkRqWzy63Trfl_yR5S6_xgFn5r3LQF/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=3000&slide=id.g83a46fcc4e_0_365
- Second = https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vRGquUHYGXGF4mdOnksyJNd104_h1N7d8PwSi02zjNQ8RJ9K5Ykd3-LyUDHhqIReA04IZ8QlDDKzubg/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=3000&slide=id.g83f92cd9af_1_62
- Third = https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQvnr85MWkSVuoTsutkrUQQiUfe_IWKucC2GwUKwju7kHXWTwcwJN_kCRYkqwij1exCtgEoRlaB4Z5-/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=3000&slide=id.g74cdb4cb9f_0_168
A MESSAGE FROM MRS. CHERRY
Be sure to check out the Worcester Library website by clicking the link below. Right now, you can find our Poem of the Day, which is read (and sometimes written) by our teachers as well as a 100 brick LEGO challenge. Check back often...you never know what may suddenly appear...that's a magical hint (O^O)!
UPDATE: FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN
On Monday, April 27, the Methacton School Board of Directors heard a presentation pertaining to full day kindergarten which is being considered for the 2022-2023 school year. You can see the presentation here: https://youtu.be/IW7c-8svqlk.
The Board is accepting questions or comments through May 31, 2020 in regards to full day kindergarten. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAY 8th - MAY 14th
- May 9th: Aiden (1st)
- May 10th: Max (3rd)
- May 11th: Tiana (4th)
- May 12th: Dylan (4th) and Penny (4th)
- May 13th: Mia (Kindergarten)
- May 14th: Charlie (4th) and Lyla (4th)
Let's Remember to be the "I" in KIND
QUESTIONS? EMAIL . . . email@example.com
Worcester School Pledge
Today, I promise to do my best.
I will make safe, respectful, and responsible choices.
I will have a positive attitude, include others, and be a kind friend.
I will be a good role model.
Today, I promise to make our school a better place.
BEE the One to . . .
Encourage, Empower, and Inspire
There any many lessons that can be learned from the honeybee. For me, the importance of community and working together for the greater good is the lesson that resonates most!