for the Week of January 20, 2020
01.21.20 - Tue - Staff PLC's...no AM assistance
01.21.20 - Tue - BBB at Hills - 4:30p
So appreciated a shout out to TR teachers from a parent this week...made our day!
“We are extremely fortunate to have such talented people educating our children. It shows every day in how they are developing.
01.22.20 - Wed NW Area Orchestra Festival - 7pm
Wildcat Basketball has Arrived!
- A1 ran away from Hocker Grove late in the second quarter and never looked back. Strong ball movement and tough defense trumped the Eagles.
- A2 was neck and neck but eventually fell by three in the Auxiliary gym. Great support from the TR community cheered Coach Murphy and the team.
- A3 capped the night in the main gym with a solid win in front of a strong crowd.
Student fans, please remember:
- If you are attending without parents, a neon yellow Loud Crowd shirt is needed
- Meet in the MPR with all of your belongings promptly at 4:00. Do NOT leave campus...if you leave campus, you may not attend the game.
- Cheer for our Wildcats...not against opponents.
- Movement (between gyms, drinks, restrooms) occur at half and close of game
- Access to building is not available after 4:15
01.23.20 - NW Area Band Festival at NW - 7pm
Please send any great TR action pics to the office from TR events and we will publish with shout outs!
TR Battle of the Books kicked off competition this week...details coming your way with pictures!
$700 in Books to TR this Week!
The bookfair came to an end successfully this past week. Thank you to the multiple parent volunteers who made it in to greet and engage with our students as they picked out ways to read beyond the school day. Specifically thank you to PTA president Jennifer Cheffey for set up and tear down.
There were nearly $700 worth of new books earned for TR classrooms because of your support of the book fair!
TR Music ROCKS...literally! Kudos Dr. Bishop!
Traversing the Trail, an original orchestra piece composed by our very own Dr. Bishop is coming out this Spring. Dedicated to the '19-20 Trailridge Middle School 8th Grade Orchestra, you can expect to hear this throughout the Spring.
Don't look now...but Lifetouch pictures should have made it to you this past Thursday!
Robotics club at Trail a Bration January 15.
Upwards of 20 Wildcats have gone Oars All In on the Trail this year. Proud of their work in the first year of this club.
This was one of twenty five separate demonstrations by Wildcat students this year at Trail a Bration. What a night!
Trail ... a ... Bration! Great representation of the TR Nation!
Trailridge Leadership was on the "PROWL" at Trail a Bration!
TR Musical is coming this Spring...
TR Geography Bee is happening this coming week...
Communities that Care Survey at Trail to be rescheduled.
Eighth grade students who "opted in" at enrollment with their parents this past August will be taking place on January 24th. Those that opted out have alternate activities scheduled for this time.
Support for students who request (or families) to speak to a counselor or staff afterwards is also available in advance.
-Walk-in services: Johnson County Mental Health Crisis Center (268-0156)
-Phone support: Kansas Headquarters Counseling Center (785-841-2345)
-The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is (1-800-273-8255)
Thank you to Mr. Kramer and SMSD Activities for their Support...
- Ice maker to support health/hydration for all sports
- Water filtration system