AIS Friday Flash
Friday, March 13, 2020
March Spirit Night at Modern Market
Thanks to our families who attended our March Spirit Night at Modern Market! We earned $320 for our school. It is always fun to see our students and families outside of school. Thanks again for your participation.
Austin Spurs AIS Night!
We had a blast at the Austin Spurs game last Sunday! It was a nail biter at the end. Thanks to those families who joined us and cheered on the team. It was awesome to sit together and be silly and spirited.
Gala Spanish Fiesta & Tea Party
Thank you to the families who participated in the student sign-up gala parties and to our wonderful Fiesta hosts: Ms. Wilnelia, Ms. Gina, Ms. Isabel, and Ms. Monica; and to our Tea Party hosts: Ms. Ester & Ms. Sarah.
COVID-19 and Spring Break Travel
We are continuing to monitor the evolution the COVID-19 pandemic, the effect globally, and on the AIS community. We will keep families informed throughout the break.
Please consult the Centers for Disease Control's list of countries with current travel advisories. Based on the US Department of State guidelines, AIS recommends that you cancel any trips abroad planned for at least the next 30 days. If, during this course of the global COVID-19 pandemic, you or a member of your household (including visitors from abroad) travels to a country that has a CDC Level 2 or 3 Health Notice, then you and/or any individuals that share the same household will NOT be permitted on the AIS campus until 14 days have passed since the traveler's return to the United States. With the health and safety of our community in mind, we will enforce this rule without exception. We thank you for your cooperation and trust in this matter.
Based on current indicators, AIS has moved to a Risk Level 2 (moderate risk). We have published a COVID-19 Information and Updates page on our website. This page is accessible from our AIS homepage and will be updated periodically.
Spring Break Camp Cancelled
Out of an abundance of caution, in anticipation of potential evolving circumstances, and to make a decision that provides families with enough advance notice to make other arrangements, we are canceling the Spring Break camp scheduled for March 23rd to 27th. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For questions or concerns, please reach out to April or Jhino.
Spring Break 3/16 thru 3/27
The school will be closed during the two weeks of Spring Break. We truly wish each and every one of you a safe, calm, and healthy break!
Re-enrollment for the 2020-2021 School Year
Re-enrollment is open! Registration will be done through your Parents Web portal by accessing the "Apply/Enroll" feature on the left scroll bar, then under "Enrollment/Re-enrollment". Click on the "Click here to open enrollment" message on the right to begin. Early commitment rates are through the end of March, ending on March 31st. You may find the school calendar for next year and the tuition schedule here. Here are a couple of tips and reminders:
- Discounted Early Commitment rates end at midnight on March 31st.
- Make sure you complete each step to receive a green checkmark.
- Items that are missing or incomplete will have a yellow triangle.
- For items required but not applicable (like a PS student cell phone number), just enter N/A so that step is finished.
- Make sure to follow the link to FACTS to complete the financial portion AND to return to the Parent Portal to complete the process.
- Financial Aid may be applied for directly through FACTS as well with the link provided. Documentation is required and all FA applications are due by March 31st.
- The final step is an electronic signature, review, and hit submit!
- FACTS has a default payment schedule which will autoload. AIS must customize each enrollment to correct schedules, apply discounts, etc. Don't worry, we will finalize the contracts and you will receive updated notifications and payment plans. We have a lot of enrollments to process, so thank you for your patience in processing. Financial questions may be directed to Sandra.
- If you are moving or plans have changed, thanks for accessing the Family Portal and clicking on the Will Not Enroll button instead of the application. This is the best way to update us of your plans for next year. We want to hear from you and are open to any dialogues if you have questions or want to discuss your plans. Please feel free to reach out to Jacques, April, or Mathilde.
AIS has been invited to participate in the APSA 6th annual Track Meet which will be held on April 18th at Austin High School. Students in 2nd to 8th grade are eligible to participate. Practice will be held twice a week after school. For more information or if your runner would like to participate, please email Coach Annie. The track events include: 1600m, Long Jump, Softball Throw “Baseball throw”, 50m, 800m,100m, 4X100 Relay, 400m, 4X50 Relay, 200m, & the 4X200 Relay.
Class Pictures-To Be Rescheduled
Our class pictures originally scheduled for March 30th will be moved to another date. We will keep you posted once the new date is confirmed.
Save the Dates
Please save the date for these upcoming events. In the event our dates change we will notify you with updates.
- 3/16 - 3/27 Spring Break/No School
- 3/23 - 3/27 Spring Break Camp Cancelled
- 4/1 Progress Reports disseminated
- 4/1 AIS Cabi Party
- 4/2 PTO Coffee
- 4/3 Board of Directors Coffee
- 4/3 PTO Spring Picnic
- 4/7 Maternelle Learning Journey
- 4/9 1/2 Day of School/Parent-Teacher Conferences
- 4/10 No School/Parent-Teacher Conferences