RMS Knightly News
Week of October 31, 2022
Hello RMS Knights and Families
Our November Honor the Castle theme is “Kindness in Castle”. This week’s Mindset Monday Message for the week of October 31st, states, “In a world where you can be anything. Be KIND…Be the “I” in kind.”
Click Here for this week's Mindset Monday Message.
Last Home Volleyball Game of the 22-23 season- Thursday, Nov. 3rd at 4pm: Go Knights!
1st Quarter ended on Friday, 10/28/22
This past Friday (10/28) marked the end of our first quarter at RMS. For our 7th grade students, their selective classes will change as of Monday, 10/31/22.
We will send out additional communication once our 7th grade 1st Qtr. ten week class grades have been finalized.
Please continue to access our Knights' 20 week grades for both our 7th and 8th grade through the Canvas course(s) gradebook.
8th Grade Lunch 'n Learn
Monthly Lunch ‘n Learn - Welding & Electronics
Tuesday, November 1, 2022
What is a Lunch ‘n Learn?
A Lunch ‘n Learn is an opportunity to spend your lunch hour eating lunch and learning about one of the Career Technical Education programs at Fraser High School. Get your lunch and come directly to the media center.
What can I expect if I attend this Lunch ‘n Learn?
- Students will have an opportunity to operate an Augmented Reality Welder (Virtual Reality). You will also see videos of the different processes of welding and different career paths associated with welding.
- Students will learn about SkillsUSA, welding competitions, and other opportunities the welding program offers.
- Students will be able to operate a robot and see how an electronic circuit board works.
The Lunch ‘n Learn will take place 5th hour during Lunch AND Silent Reading, There are only 50 spots available- first come, first served!
Please use this link to sign up: https://forms.gle/Cb3qFEka8r2YfaHV9
About Engineering & Advanced Technology at Macomb
Macomb Community College offers a range of programs designed to prepare you for careers in all facets of the advanced manufacturing and automotive fields. Options include traditional educational pathways that lead to certificates and associate degrees, apprenticeship programs that combine on-the-job training with theoretical and practical classroom and lab instruction, and shorter-term training programs designed to address more immediate employment needs. Click HERE to register.
Second Step Lesson for the week of 10-31-22
7th Grade Lesson 4- Overcoming Roadblocks: Part 1
Summary-In this week’s lesson, our 7th grade knights will learn how to use “If–Then” plans to overcome roadblocks. If–Then plans help our knights anticipate potential roadblocks and come up with plans for addressing them.
At home question to ask your Knight- Ask your knight to explain to you what an “If–Then Plan” is. Work together to make a plan for how your knight can respond positively to a difficult situation they might encounter at home.
8th Grade Lesson 4: Pursuing my interests
Summary- In this week's lesson, our 8th grade knights will identify and respond to positive and negative influences that may affect them while pursuing a goal.
At home question to ask your Knight- Tell your knight about something positive or negative that influenced you as you were working towards a goal. For example, a friend who helped you find a job or learn a new skill. Ask your knight about positive and negative factors that may influence them.
22-23 Yearbook Information
To submit your photos to the yearbook staff: Download the Yearbook Snap mobile app from the App Store or Google Play, and enter our access code: Knights or go to yearbookforever.com, and click on Yearbook Snap and enter our access code: Knights.
To order your 22-23 Yearbook CLICK HERE.
Dear 8th Grade Parents:
For the first time, there will be a section in the RMS yearbook where parents can wish their 8th grader luck on their new adventure to high school!
- $10 for Message Only
- $15 for Message with Picture
First come, first served as there is limited space. CLICK HERE and select to Create a Personal ad.
The Knight Shift
The Knight Shift after-school homework club (designated Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:05pm-4:00pm in the media center)
The Knight Shift -“The time period after a long day of work to organize, to prepare, and to be ready for success!”
We are fortunate to have members of our student leadership groups from RMS and FHS to assist students who attend the Knight Shift with their assignments and projects.
All Noble Knights are invited to attend the Knight Shift…If they have:
- Homework assignment(s) to complete- Individual tables area
- A group project needs to be worked on - Collaboration stations area
- A quiet location to read - Flexible seating area
Available dates from 3:05pm - 4:00pm in November
Tuesday, November 1st
Thursday, November 3rd
Tuesday, November 8th
Thursday, November 10th
Tuesday, November 15th
Thursday, November 17th
Tuesday, November 29th
The Knight Shift will be located in the Media Center and is a time and place for students to come and spend an additional hour on getting their work done or silently reading. Students will have access to a quiet space, internet, devices, and resources that may assist them with their work.
This time is monitored by Mr. Julian or Mrs. Skladanowski. Upon arrival - students will sign-in and will record what they are working on.
Remember, this is not a time to play games on iPads/phones or to come and socialize without working (working on a project with group members is encouraged). Off task students will be removed and will be unable to attend for the remainder of the session.
Knights interested in staying after-school on those designated Tuesday(s) and Thursday(s) must be in the Media Center by 3:05pm and should plan on staying until 3:55pm. All students who stay after-school would need a ride home as late buses are not available.
Outside Food and Beverage Policy
Outside food delivery is a safety concern. We do not want to have strangers and people that we do not know coming to our buildings with delivery bags. It also is a workload issue for office personnel. Managing multiple food deliveries during lunchtime becomes an additional responsibility for our office staff.
The District works hard to provide a variety of healthy, good-tasting food in its cafeterias, and students are always free to bring their own lunch to school. We will continue to follow our past practice of making sure students receive lunch if they forget to bring one from home.
Our Knights did a great job with their Dia de Los Muertos display
This holiday is recognized and celebrated in many countries across Latin America as a celebration of life and for those families members and friends who have passed.
Candy Gram Fundraiser Success
From the selling, purchasing and creation of our Candy Grams...Thank you to our RMS Knights for participating in this worthy cause to support community outreach.
Our October PBIS Incentive- Halloween Bingo
Our 7th and 8th Grade Knights took part in Halloween Bingo during their seminar classes. Thank you to Mrs. Skladanowski for calling out the winning numbers.
Our Knights did a great job with their Dia de Los Muertos display
Candy Gram Fundraiser Success
RMS Clubs and Activities
RMS Soccer Club
Meeting Day: Tuesdays
Location: Room 231
Sponsor: Mr. Krynicki
- Bring athletic clothes to change into, your cleats and shin guards (if you have them)!
- No slide-tackling or ball-hogging: Soccer Club is for any RMS student NOT on Citizenship list...not just Soccer Superstars! 🙂
- We will warm-up a bit, then play a mini-game/scrimmage!
- You must have your own ride home.
- Make sure your ride is here no later than 4:30. We will play until about then.
- School Rules apply! Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible (and BE KIND!)
Meeting Day: Tuesday or Wednesday
Location: RMS Gym
Time: 7:15 – 7:50am
Sponsor: Mr. Brodi
Dates in November: 2,16, 22
- Open for all students who are not on the citizenship list
- We will be playing organized sports sometimes and open gym sometimes
- You must be in the gym by 7:15 because we must lock the doors after that.
- You will enter through Door # 37 by the gym
- You must show good sportsmanship, or you will be asked to leave
- You must participate - it will not be a place to hang-out
- You must bring your ID to participate
- HAVE FUN
RMS Dance Club (7th and 8th grade)
Meeting Day: Monday
Location: Room 155
Sponsor: Ms. Lombardo
Nov. 15, 21, 28
- Attend weekly practice
- Stay off the citizenship list
- Wear dance/gym clothes and shoes
- Change after school - practice starts at 3:00 sharp
- Bring your backpack, coat, etc. no going to lockers after
- Help move choir room chairs at the start and end of practice
- Arrange your own ride home at 4:00pm
- Our goal is to perform halftime at 1 boys and 1 girls basketball games
Next Meeting Day: TBD
Location: RMS Room 139
Sponsor: Mrs. Garman BSN, RN, MA, RMA (AMT) at FHS
HOSA -Future Health Professionals is a national organization for students who are enrolled in health science education classes and/or are interested in careers in the health professions.
Fraser HOSA members are expected to:
- Be Active!!!
- Participate in business and other meetings
- Serve on committees
- Participate in community service projects
- Participate in fundraising efforts
- Pay dues each year
AS A REMINDER, OUR STUDENTS MUST FOLLOW THE BELOW CRITERIA TO ATTEND OUR ATHLETIC EVENTS.
- November 3 - Romeo Middle School Team 1 (H)
Winter Sports Dates/Times
Interested in playing a winter sport? Find all the information you need here! November 8th is election day, there will be no try-outs that day. For information for Boys' Basketball and Competitive Cheer, CLICK HERE.
To provide the most effective process for entering and exiting Richards Middle School, we need our families consistent help in observing the below traffic expectations:
- Our RMS bus loop is only to be used by emergency vehicles and our district’s school buses between the hours of 7:15 am through 4:00 pm.
- To help with our daily traffic flow, please follow our painted traffic arrows in our parking lot.
- In supporting our traffic flow for entering and exiting for all vehicles, please observe no standing, parking, waiting and stopping in the parking lot aisle ways.
- When exiting Richards Middle School at dismissal time, please utilize either our RMS Garfield exit, FHS Garfield exit or FHS Klein exit.
Please be aware of students, families and guests who are walking in our parking lots by obeying traffic laws, regulating your speed, and following the traffic direction arrows. Images can be found below. Please no parking or standing where you see a red x.
Our district security personnel will communicate these expectations to our families when needed. Thank you for your support with keeping RMS a safe travel area for everyone on campus.
PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR ADDITIONAL SIGNS ALONG THE DROP OFF LANE TO HELP DIRECT TRAFFIC FLOW!
Here you will find information about the school, IDs, ordering yearbooks, school supplies, schedules, and more.
Dress Code Expectations
- Shorts/Dresses/Skirts must be longer than the students fingertip length with students' arms by their side.
- Undergarments, chest and midriffs must be covered and students are not permitted to wear spaghetti straps, muscle shirts with armpits visible, etc.
- No sagging of the pants or shorts
- No graphic, see-through or inappropriate saying on clothing (sexual comments, drugs, violence, etc.)
- No pajama wear - lounge pants, flannel pants, boxer shorts, slippers (shoes without hard soles) *unless permitted by a school function.
- No hats, bandanas/scarves (unless worn to support hair appropriately), and/or hoods up during the school day.
Change of Address Information
If you have recently moved, please complete the following form to update your address and upload the files needed for update: https://form.jotform.com/211594973642161
Attendance Line: (586) 439-7490 24 hour voicemail
Attendance/Counseling Office: (586) 439-7462
Attendance Office Hours: 7:15am - 3:15pm
Main Office Hours: 7:15am - 3:15pm
Main Office: (586) 439-7400 Fax: (586) 439-7461
***Please know we are always happy to meet with families,
however, we may not always be available when parents/families pop in. Please
set up an appointment HERE.