Chapter 3 Lesson 1
A New Government: Rising and Falling
Articles of Confederation
- Each state having own money
- Each state having own army
- States having more power then National gov.
- No court system
- Not being able to tax people
- The Ordinance of 1785 which gave us a way to survey the land
- Northwest Ordinance which outlawed slavery in new states
Groups of individuals or states that come together for a common purpose
A legislature with two houses
A descriptive written plan of government
Daniel Shays was a farmer who fought in the war, but when he came back his farm was taken by the government. He became upset with this, and so he led a rebellion on the federal arsenal. He was quickly stopped, but gave the government a wake up call!