Skills & drills provided by Lackawanna College
What better way to gain some PE hours and have fun with your peers at the same time! All grades and skill levels encouraged to attend!!! Come join in the fun!
We will have an opportunity to learn new skills from the Lackawanna College basketball team, who will be hosting these sessions to provide some skills and drills for our group on:
March 14 - 7pm-8pm
March 28 - 6pm-7pm
April 5 - 6pm-7pm
Basketball Series - please see all dates
Thursday, April 5th, 6-7pm
Lackawanna College Athletic Center, Jefferson Ave & Vine St, Scranton, PA 18510
Located at the Athletic Center on the corner of Jefferson Ave and Vine St in Scranton. Street parking is available.
Attendance is not mandatory on each day, but it would certainly be more fun to build on your skills and see friends each week!
Canned soup (big item), diapers, infant/baby care items, laundry detergent, small, empty boxes for storage, winter items for all sizes
SERVICE LEARNING PROJECT:
We will continue our special relationship with Siemong from Safety Net, as we did last fall. Please bring items from the list above to donate.
1. In consideration of our students with serious allergies, please refrain from bringing nut (food) products or balloons.
2. As always, to limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PA Virtual event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
3. For safety: All students need to be accompanied by a parent, learning coach or other designated adult. All students must wear shoes/sneakers for the entire school event and please refrain from bringing pets.
4. If there is a possibility of severe weather, please check Blackboard the day of the event in case of cancellation due to weather.
5. All PA Virtual events are tobacco free. Please do not smoke near or around any children or the outing facility.
Purpose: Social & Educational
- Students will learn & demonstrate basic passing, catching, and dribbling games
- Students will participate in modified games
- Students will learn teambuilding skills and cooperative learning
- Participants will be exposed to and learn about rules, regulations and terminology related to the game of basketball and other sports
- Basic physics and geometry skills will be explored as it relates to the game of basketball
Educational Hours to log into OLS:
Students may log 60 minutes in Physical Education and 30 minutes in Science for each session attended