Make Social Media Great Again!
By: Laith, Oscar, Karli, Victoria, Nikko, Jackson, Ayden
The Triangles of Civics
Ways To Help Prevent Cyber-bullying.
What is Cyberbullying
Root Causes of Cyber-bullying.
5. Emotional/Mental Distress
- 1 in 3 teenagers get anxiety from cyberbullying.
-There are 4,400 deaths per year due to cyberbullying.
-20% of girls and 14% of boys get bullied through the internet.
The Sad Truth Of Cyberbullying Statistics
- Over half of adolescents and teens have been bullied online, and about the same number have engaged in cyber bullying.
- More than 1 in 3 young people have experienced cyberthreats online.
- Over 25 percent of adolescents and teens have been bullied repeatedly through their cell phones or the Internet.
- Well over half of young people do not tell their parents when cyber bullying occurs.
- Round half of teens have been the victims of cyber bullying
- Only 1 in 10 teens tells a parent if they have been a cyber bully victim
- Fewer than 1 in 5 cyber bullying incidents are reported to law enforcement
Ways to Take Action Against Cyber-bullying.
2. Highlight outlets for reporting on social media to report the cyberbullying.
3. Provide information on cyberbullying and mental health awareness.
4. Highlight after-school programs and safe places (libraries) if they do suffer bullying during the day.
5. Establish internet and computer usage rules with your child.
What Have You Learned From the iCivics Camp?
Laith- I learned how to impact your community by advocating.
Jackson- I learned how to advocate and strengthen my community.
Oscar- I learned how to be a good citizen and how to advocate.
Victoria- I learned that cyberbullying is a bigger issue than I had expected.
Nikko- In camp, I have learned that cyberbullying causes death and needs to stop.