HHS UIL Events
October 13 2016
(Conflicts with Band NAMMB Marching Contest)
- Center HS (No C.S. hands-on)
- John Tyler HS (All Events)
- UIL Student Activities Conference - Arlington TX
November 12, 2016 Deadline to sign up: Monday, October 31st
(Conflicts with Henderson Syrup Festival)
- Carthage HS (No C.S.)
- Whitehouse HS (All Events) (sign-up page & schedule in your box)
Dates of Virtual Meets are:
- October 31 - November 12
- November 28 - December 10
- January 16 - January 28
- February 27 - March 11
- Regional Qualifiers Meet - March 28 - April 4
- State Qualifiers Meet - April 11 - April 18
Please remember to keep the integrity of the test secure by having all students that the test at the same time.
- Transportation requests have changed this year. I need to know 5 days in advance to submit a request for transportation, which means deadlines for entering contests will be firm.
- Travel requests have also changed - checks are being cut later in the week. To ensure we have meal money, I need to know the week prior to the event.
- If you need specific supplies for your contest, please let me know ASAP so that I can get items. Purchase orders are pulled once a week at Admin; therefore, there is a time delay in ordering or purchasing items.
- I try to keep our UIL website updated, especially with contest results. Please fill out the UIL Academic Stars form with your contest results.
- If you take pictures of students at events, please email me so that I can put those on the website, also.
- Please have students return forms by Wednesday of the week of the contest.
- Make sure students understand that there will be fees that will need to be reimbursed if they fail to show up for an event the register for (generally $8 per event).
- If you know of any specific medical information, please let myself or one other coach know on the day of the event, in case of medical emergency.
- Please collect parent contact information on your students