Raptor Report September 20, 2021
All Things Rushing!
Just a quick note on some things that you may have heard about this past week. You may or may not be aware of a viral TikTok trend that involves students posting videos that show them stealing, damaging, or showing off items from school- primarily restroom items. These items often make it home in their backpacks.
This trend is nationwide, but it has also happened at Rushing MS and other PISD campuses.
We take vandalism of our facilities very seriously, and these acts will not be tolerated.
I have made several announcements asking kiddos to keep their eyes open and let us know if they see anything. Our kiddos have been fabulous for the most part and I am very proud of the care and respect they have for the building and the school’s property. Having said that, we have had several incidents. Please reach out at any time with information or questions!
Please speak with your child and discuss the importance of taking pride in themselves, their campus, and our school district. I have had several conversations along the same line and think it is so important for us to work together.
Thank you for your continued support and, as I continue to believe, with GRACE, GRATITUDE, and KINDNESS, we can resolve any issue, face any struggle, and move forward for the success of our students at Rushing Middle School, GO RAPTORS!
Dot Day Celebrates Creativity!
PHS Homecoming Week Spirit Days!
Sugar Shack has started! We will have Sugar Shack held once a month, next one is October 22nd!
Spirit Wear Orders are waiting pick up, please contact Patricia Rang for Pick up location (Patcaro03@gmail.com)
Need to place a Spirit Wear order follow the link attached: https://rushingpto.membershiptoolkit.com/Spirit_Wear2
PTO is also looking for Sponsors! See our sponsorship options below (document below)
Guest Speaker From Water is Life Organization!
Prosper Education Foundation Information!
A Message from our librarian, Mrs. Calhoun
Resources Better Than Just “Google-ing”
Does your student need access to information for projects and research?
PISD provides numerous educational databases filled with digital resources to support your student’s learning experience. These databases are filled with current, reliable, and accurate information that are curated by authoritative sources.
Students can access these databases through the PISD Portal from their Chromebooks. Students will login to the PISD Portal with their regular username and password. Once in the Portal, click on the MackinVIA icon which is where our databases are housed. You will find resources such as: Britannica Online, Gale Middle School, SIRS Discoverer, NatGeo, and more.
BONUS: Also in the PISD Portal, students can access their Destiny Discover to manage their library account and Overdrive Sora to check out eBooks and Audiobooks. They have been shown how to utilize both tools. Students simply sign in and then they have access to numerous resources!
Raptor Watch D.O.G.S Dads Coming Soon!!
PISD Club Track Opportunity!
We have started the TALON TRACK CLUB for PISD 2nd-6th grade students.
The website for the Talon Track Club is: talontrackclub.com
We are looking to build the speed and agility of all athletes for the betterment of their chosen sports.
In the end, we are hoping to gain more participation at the JH & HS levels for our PISD Track & Cross Country Teams.
Please see the flyer below!
COVID Screening Questions!
Prosper Promise Information!
Chromebook and Accessory Replacement Information!
As a reminder, the technology acceptable use agreement that you signed at registration/enrollment, outlines the responsibility for broken or damaged equipment. If you are uncertain of the problem, send the device with the student and the teacher will initiate a help ticket to have the tech determine the need. If the problem is related to internal hardware then there will be no charge. If the problem is a cracked screen, broken cover, damaged or lost charger, etc. then there will be repair costs.
If a student loses his/her charger or the device needs repairs then you will go to MySchoolBucks, select the Technology item, pay, send the receipt with the child so the child can show it to the tech, and the campus tech can provide a new charger or repairs.
Here are the direct links to the items.
Student Handbook Information!
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures!
How Do I Pay For School Lunches?
If you would like information about Online Payment Services, Free/Reduced Applications, Meal Account Restrictions, Meal Account History, etc., please check out the Child Nutrition page of the Prosper ISD website.
New Attendance Notification Process!
- Parents should notify the school the morning their child will be absent. Beginning in the 2021-22 school year, all absence notifications and notes will be submitted electronically. Parents will notify the campus of a student’s absence through Skyward Family Access. This will replace calling or emailing the campus attendance clerk to notify the school of the student’s absence. Additionally, this electronic documentation satisfies the signed parent note requirement (state required documentation). When an absence request is submitted through Skyward Family Access, the attendance clerk/registrar will be notified by email. Please look for additional information on how to login to Skyward Family Access and submit an absence request in future back to school communication.
- When a student returns from an absence at a doctor's office, a signed doctor’s note displaying the date on which the student was seen in the office must be sent to the school attendance email within 2 days of the absence. The parent indication that the student was at the doctor will not qualify as a doctor's note.
- Parents will be allowed to electronically submit (through Skyward submission) a total of only 10 absence notes during the school year. Once you have exceeded this maximum, all absences will be considered unexcused. A list of acceptable absences (those that will be excused) are listed in the Student Handbook.
- If a student is absent for more than 5 consecutive days due to illness, a parent note will not be accepted. A statement from a doctor or medical clinic explaining the reason for the absence must be submitted to the school attendance email upon their return to school.
- If your child leaves during the day for a doctor or dentist appointment, a doctor’s note must be submitted electronically to the school attendance email on the same day or the next morning in order for the absence(s) to be considered “medical”.
Athletic Booster Club Information!
Thank you to the families who have already joined the Athletic Booster Club. We appreciate your partnership in making this year unforgettable for our Raptor athletes. If you have not yet joined, registration is open https://www.rushingabc.com/.
For up-to-date information follow us on FB and Twitter.
Cell Phone Policy!
September 22- Homecoming Parade, 6:00 PM
October 2 - National Custodian Day
October 7 - End of the 1st Nine Weeks
October 8 - No School/Professional Learning for Staff
October 11 - No School/Student Holiday
October 12 - No School/Professional Learning for Staff
October 13 - Start of the 2nd Nine Weeks
November 8- picture retakes