The Principal's Message
Cambridge School's Weekly Parent Newsletter
~ The Upcoming Week ~
SPRING BREAK - April 14th - April 18th
- School is in session!
- Earth Day!
- Administrative Professionals Day (Secretary's Day)
- Cougar Casting Presents: ANNIE! (7pm)
- Take Your Child to Work Day
- District Art Gallery @ SBHS 6:30pm
- Author Visit - Cambridge Welcomes Lisa Willever
~ IMPORTANT NOTES ~
FROM THE PRINCIPAL'S DESK
Thank you to all of the parents/guardians who participated in our Spring Conference Week! It was wonderful to see you all!
I would like to extend an extraordinary thank you to the PTO and the hard working Executive Board for an incredibly successful Auction! Under the organization of co-chairs, Christina O'Brien and Lauren Lepore, we raised a little over $20,000 to support our school!! This is truly amazing and I am humbled by the generosity of this school community. Thank you so much!
Click here for the 2014-2015 school calendar. --> 2014 - 2015 SCHOOL CALENDAR
Mrs. Mallon is eagerly preparing for this year's District Art Gallery. At this event, the High School Art classes are collecting new crayons and coloring books to benefit the Bristol Meyers Children's Hospital. You can bring your donations to the ART SHOW on April 24th. Click here for the FLYER ---> CRAYON DONATIONS
Finally, thank you to the wonderful parents who created a beautiful bulletin board in our main hallway. There is a picture below!
Thank you for your support and have a wonderful Spring Break!
Mrs. Capes :)
~ PTO NEWS ~
As a reminder the last week of Spring Enrichment Clubs will be the week we return from Spring Break (4/21- 4/24).
Cougar Casting Company will meet on Monday, 4/21 3:30-4:30 and Tuesday, 4/22 3:30 - 4:30. Cougar Casting Company WILL NOT meet AFTER SCHOOL on Wednesday, 4/23. Instead, all performers must report to Cambridge for the evening performance by 6:30. The show will start at 7:00 Sharp.
Super Science and Cougar Studios will be closed at the end of the school day (1:35) today. Mrs. O'Brien will send out an e-mail confirmation of those clubs over Spring Break.
~ Upcoming PTO Events ~
~ NURSE NOTES ~
From Mrs. Guidice's Health Office
March is National Nutrition Month
As parents, you can do a lot to help your children learn healthy eating habits. Involving them in meal preparation and cooking can motivate them to try new foods and is a good way to spend time together as a family.
- A healthy eating plan
- Emphasizes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat or fat free milk products
- Includes lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs and nuts
- Is low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, sodium/salt and added sugars. Dedicate yourself to a healthy March (and beyond) with these tips.
Eat Breakfast. There is no better way to start your day than with a healthy breakfast. Try oatmeal, sliced almonds and berries with yogurt, or a toaster waffle topped with fruit.
Make Half Your Plate Fruits and Vegetables. Fruits and veggies add color, flavor and texture plus vitamins, minerals and fiber to your plate. Make 2 cups of fruit and 2 ½ cups of vegetables your daily goal. Don’t let winter stop you from enjoying produce. It may be harder to find fresh options, but frozen and canned are great alternatives.
Enact Family Meal Time. Research show that family meals promote healthier eating. Plan to eat as a family at least a few times a week. Set a regular mealtime. Turn off the TV, phones and other electronic devices to encourage mealtime talk. Get kids involved in meal planning and cooking and use this time to teach them about good nutrition.
- April 23rd - Administrative Assistant's Day
- April 23rd - Cougar Casting Presents - ANNIE
- April 24th - District Art Gallery
- April 24th - Take Your Child to Work Day
- April 25th - Visiting Author at CA
- April 28th - Staff Appreciation Lunch
- May 5th - May 8th - NJASK 5 Testing
- May 7th - PTO Meeting
- May 8th - PTO Plant Sale
- May 12th - 15th - NJASK 3 Testing
- May 12th - 16th - NJASK 4 Testing
- May 20th - Early Release Day
- May 21st - Kindergarten 5 Senses Event
- May 26th - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- May 28th - 3rd Grade Coming to America Celebration
- May 30th - Kindergarten Orientation (For incoming K students)
- May 30th - PTO Bingo Night
- May 31st - Tour de South Brunswick - A South Brunswick Education Foundation Event
- June 5th - Spring Concert (Chorus)
- June 6th - PTO Family Picnic
- June 11th - Spring Concert (Band)
- June 13th - Field Day
- June 18th - 5th Grade Recognition Ceremony
- June 24th - Last Day of School for Students