Let's Create a Video
Different Methods and Styles for Creating Videos
Things to Remember when Creating Videos for Students
- Yes, we do sound funny to ourselves. No, we are not movie stars. Please remember your students see you everyday and accept you the way you are, so let go of the self judgement.
- Keep it short, sweet, and to the point. Attention spans are limited and after awhile we all begin to sound like a Peanut's character.
- When beginning to create videos use what you have such as smartphones, flip cameras, web cams, smartboards, expo boards, poster board, etc. There is plenty of time to take it up a notch to green screening.
- Organize all video presentation material before beginning to record. In the beginning, I scripted myself and now I simply have the problem and pretend I am in front of the students teaching.
- Don't be afraid to make mistakes, no one is perfect. Simply do what you do best-teach your students.
- Use a good microphone when recording, because nothing is worse than not being able to hear and clearly understand the presenter.
- Record and create videos where distubances are limited.
- Create different types of presentation videos to avoid monotony.
WEBSITES USED TO CREATE PRESENTATIONS
Allows you to scan a document, save as a jpg, then send to email. This enables you to insert document into video clips and powerpoints.