May 16, 2016
Happy Birthday, Carrie W (5/16)
Happy Monday, Wilson Team!
On another note, I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your patience and flexibility during CAASPP Testing. I know how hard you have worked this year to ensure implementation of the Common Core Standards while being conscientious of the foundational skills needed to access this material. Our students are extremely lucky to have teachers like you in their court! Keep up the phenomenal job as we only have 19 days left to MAKE a DIFFERENCE!!
- CAASPP Make-Up Testing All Week
- Benchmark Testing All Week (See the schedule for details)
- All Day SST Meetings, Wednesday, 5/18 (We'll have a roving sub on campus.)
- Minimum Day, Wednesday, 5/18 (Focus: Prepare for Open House)
- Open House, Thursday, 5/19 from 6:00-7:00
- Bucket Fillers Due, Friday, 5/20 by 9:45 AM
- Wilson Track Meet, Thursday, 5/26 (2nd/3rd Grades)
- Wilson Track Meet, Friday, 5/27 (4th/5th Grades)
- 1st Grade Visit, Tuesday, 5/31
- Kickball Game: Staff vs. 5th Grade, Wednesday, 6/1 @ 12:45 PM
- Wilson Gold Rush, 6/2-6/3
- LAST WEEK of SCHOOL = ALL Minimum Days
What Does it Mean to Teach Like a Pirate?
P=Passion (Rediscover your professional/content passion!)
I=Immerse (Immerse yourself in the lesson)
R=Rapport (Build rapport/relationships with your students)
A=Ask/Analyze (What could I do to make this lesson better? Reflect!)
T=Transformation (Transform your teaching! Push yourself out of your comfort zone!
E=Enthusiasm (Your demeanor will influence your students! Would you want to be a student in your class?)
Way to go, Donna! Creating a "hands-on" project for our students definitely puts them in the driver seat of their learning!
Kudos to you, 3rd Grade! I know the Sutter Buttes Field Trip takes a lot of preparation and planning, but it's an event your kiddos will NEVER forget!
Woot! Woot, Mary! Taking time to honor speech students with a trip to the ice cream store!
Awesome job, Roylene! Including silk worms in your lesson definitely brings the learning to life for our kiddos!
Way to go, Alice & Lindsey! Your students were ecstatic to share their understanding of solar ovens & their love of smores!
Woot! Woot, Mindy! Your kiddos were elated to take a walking field trip to the ice cream store for all of their hard work! Smiles were worn by ALL!