Career Coach Short Term Goals
Welding/Engineering Advisory Meeting
- Ways to increase enrollment in Engineering
- Counselor/Principal Manufacturing Day Tours and Exposure
- Instructor visits to locals
- Simulators and Business and Industry in the schools
- Have Cobra and others be part of the Sophomore tours to help make the connection between what students will learn in Engineering to Business and Industry.
- Addition of some curriculum pieces that we could push to eighth graders in the county
- Expansion of program availability to 10th graders (application process)
HACC Welding is now AWS SENSE Certified
- Students will leave with a possibility of 2 AWS, Industry and MDE recognized certifications.
- HACC is a Certified testing site for AWS certification
8th Grade Cybersecurity Experience
- Last 7 weeks of the year
- Camden Frontier will be the pilot. Hillsdale has also expressed interest.
- 4 days a week
- Students will ride the bus to HACC with the 11th/12th graders
- Students will be able to earn certifications
Cybersecurity & Novacoast Partnership
- Wayne is working with Novacoast to establish a WBL opportunity for our students.
- Practical/real world experiences using and enhancing skills they are using in class
- More to come.