Tech Tip Tuesday for March 22, 2016
Coding Opportunities from the Kids Coding Club Newsletter. Brought to you by: Tech Birmingham
Kids Coding Club Newsletter 3/21/2016
Brought to you by: Tech Birmingham
Welcome to our first Kids Coding Club Newsletter! We will be sharing upcoming Super Code Sunday and 100 Girls of Code workshops as well as resources for the kids to explore.
Online Coding Resources
Summer Coding Options
Monthly Code Club Dates (Super Code Sunday)
April 3rd (Exploring Minecraft)
*Club meets from 1:00 - 3:00 pm at the McWane Science Center on these dates.
Other Upcoming Events
Karen Darroch's Schedule:
Tuesday - Deer Valley Elementary
Wednesday - Bluff Park Elementary
Thursday - Greystone Elementary
Link to Help Form: http://goo.gl/forms/FSrkrKVktU
Link to Frequently Asked Questions: http://bit.ly/1Lit5k3 (Content added daily!)
Sara Carpenter's Blog: http://www.techcoachtimes.blogspot.com/
Jamie Nutter's News: The Tech Awakens
Time to Share!
Great Website to find apps:
I would love to come to your room and teach a lesson. Here are just a few of the lessons I am teaching in the classrooms.
- Create a digital post card using Google Slides
- Create a Mystery Number, Person, Place, or Thing with Google Slides
- Lesson on Tour Builder
- Create Student Portfolios using Google Sites
- Pick from a number of Google Projects
- Graph data using Google Sheets
- Research lessons
- Technology Playground Centers
- Code Lessons
- Google Drive lessons with the Do's and Don'ts of creating a Google Slide Presentation
- Read an Augmented Reality Digital Book with a writing extension activity using Google Docs
- Reading Centers with iPad
- Digital Citizenship Lessons
- Research Lessons
Please email me or fill out the help form to schedule a day and time.
I would love to learn from you! Please invite me into your classroom to see all the engaging ways you are using technology in your classroom.