Adair Public Schools Newsletter
May 5, 2020
This site is a resource for both parents and students. You can find the distance learning guide, how-to information for parents, tools for students, subject-area resources, and other learning resources and opportunities.
- May 8 - Last Day of School
- May 11 - Chromebook, textbook, library book, and school property return 12 PM - 1 PM
- May 12 - Chromebook, textbook, library book, and school property return 12 PM - 1 PM
- May 12 - Meals Pickup 12-1 PM
- May 12 - FFA State Virtual FFA Convention
- May 13 - Chromebook, textbook, library book, and school property return 12 PM - 1 PM
- May 19 - Meals Pickup 12-1 PM
- May 26 - Meals Pickup 12-1 PM
- June 2 - Meals Pickup 12-1 PM
- June 9 - Meals Pickup 12-1 PM
- June 16 - Meals Pickup 12-1 PM
- June 23 - Meals Pickup 12-1 PM
- June 30 - Meals Pickup 12-1 PM
Chromebook & School Property Return
- The district will have a drive-through drop off to return Chromebooks and any other school property.
- Please enter campus using only the Harley Hughes Avenue entrance by the school sign.
- REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE AT ALL TIMES
- DAYS: Monday, May 11 Tuesday, May 12 Wednesday, May 13
- TIME: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Please contact your site administrator with any questions.
Teacher Appreciation Week
Teacher Appreciation Week exists to recognize and celebrate educators for their tremendous commitment to teaching, developing, and preparing our nation's children to become the future leaders of our community. Countless numbers of our students have left Adair to attend college, enter trade schools, or make the leap right into the workforce. Many entered career fields such as engineering, technology, energy, hospitality and retail services, public safety, health sciences, military leadership, visual and performing arts, and education. Before any of them started their careers or achieved any level of success, they received the gift of high-quality education from Adair Public Schools teachers.
I want to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to all our teachers. Every year as seniors walk across the stage for graduation, they each carry pieces of our teachers with them forever. You shape and change their lives far beyond any of us can fully comprehend. As you are reading this, many of you immediately thought of those life-changing teachers from your time in school. During these difficult times, the light from our Warrior Family has never shown brighter. Teachers, thank you for all you do!
Boys Basketball Postseason Awards
- Conference Champions - Adair Boys Basketball Team
- Garrett Long - Conference MVP
- Carter Back - 1st Team
- Travis Cannady - Coach of the Year
OBCA District 3 All-Star Team
- Garrett Long
- Travis Cannady - Coach of the Year
OCA 3A All-Star By Class
- Barrett Bradbury
- Isaiah Beetz
Girls Basketball PostseasonAwards
- Conference Champions - Adair Girls Basketball Team
- Autumn Hines - Conference MVP
- Mia Bagby - 1st Team
- Sophie Bagby - 1st Team
- Grace Johnson - 1st Team
- Chasee Jo Cooper - 1st Team
- Scott Winfield - Coach of the Year
OGBCA Middle East 3A-4A All-State Team
- Autumn Hines
OCA East All-State Team
- Autumn Hines
- Grace Johnson
Help Adair Public Schools - Fill Out The Census
It’s time to fill out your 2020 Census! Here’s how:
- Go to the website: my2020Census.gov.
- Click on the button that says “Start Questionnaire”
- Don’t have access to the internet or a smart phone or need assistance in another language? Call (844) 330-2020. It’s easy and safe.
No Census ID? No problem! Everyone can fill out the Census right now.
If you don’t have a Census ID, you can choose “If you do not have a Census ID, click here.” It will ask you to fill out some basic information, like your address, and then you can get started!
Fill out your 2020 Census today at my2020census.gov. When everyone counts, everyone wins!
Reserve Your Piece of History!
Distance Learning Pictures
Elementary - Current Students
Please choose one of the following options to return your child's enrollment form.
- Return to school the next time you pick up meals. (May 5).
- You can give the form to your bus driver the next time meals are delivered (April 28 and May 5).
- Drop off at the central office Monday - Friday from 9 AM - 3 PM. We will have a dropoff box outside by the door, you will not be required to enter the building.
- Mailed to P.O. Box 197 Adair, OK 74330. Elementary attention Carla Lyons
- Emailed to your site office - Elementary firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
New Pre-K and Kindergarten
- Please use the online link below
- Students must log in to their school email account and fill out the online Google Form.
- Click Link Below
- Questions please email - Middle School firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Enrollment forms have been emailed to current high school students
- INCOMING FRESHMEN (19-20 8th grade) - Coming soon in your school email!
- Questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
enrollment form links below
Students must log in with their school email to complete the online form
Tentative Graduation Dates
APS will host graduation on the first allowable date based on CDC and social distancing guidelines.
Sunday, June 14
Sunday, June 21
Sunday, July 12
Sunday, July 26
Sunday, August 9
- Graduation time - 3 PM
- Location - Adair Event Center
- Graduation practice - The Friday before at 10 am.
Adair All School Reunion Cancelled
Due to the COVID-19 virus, the Adair Alumni Committee has decided the annual reunion scheduled on June 28, 2020, will be canceled this year to protect the health and safety of everyone involved. Tentatively the committee plans to recognize both the 50-year classes of 1970 & 1971 in 2021. I hope to see everyone on June 27, 2021!
Respectfully Barbara Rice, Secretary
Office Hours and Contact Information
Encumbrance & Activities Clerk