MIS Monday Message
December 14 - 18
THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS...
- RtI: Instead of having RtI meetings this week in person, the RtI core team will review your data online and make comments. Please make sure all your data sheets are completed and in the RtI folder before the end of the day on Monday. We will meet in person to discuss plans for the next round of Academy the week we return in January.
- Team Meetings: We will not have formal team meetings (grade level, support, and classified) this week. I will let you know Monday afternoon what we will be doing instead.
- Music Programs: Fourth grade and Treble choir will have their Christmas music program on Thursday at 8:30 and 9:45 (four classes at each time). They will be practicing at those same times on Wednesday. Please excuse any students in the Treble choir during these times for the performances. The performances will only be for fourth grade students and parents, due to a lack of space in the cafeteria.
- Christmas Sing-a-Long: Our annual sing-a-long program will be Friday morning at 8:30 am in the cafeteria. We have several staff numbers along with a few student performances. We will also have a special panel of judges who will choose winners for the student and staff Tacky Sweater Contest! On Friday morning please have your students elect one student from your class as your representative for the contest before coming to the cafeteria. We will bring them all up onstage and have the judges choose a winner during the program.
- Christmas Parties: All MIS Christmas parties will be at 10:30 Friday morning. We will still have lunch and recess according to regular schedule. Classroom teachers will not have duty this day. Support staff will receive a schedule and cover lunch/recess duty. There will not be any pull-outs on Friday. School will dismiss at 1:30.
Let's have a great week at MIS!
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM ME!
This week I have something special planned for the staff each day.
Monday's gift is... Jeans Week
Each afternoon I will share the gift for the next day with you. Enjoy being comfy and wearing your jeans this week!
I encourage each classroom teacher to give this a try this week with your discussions and see if it works well for you. It's always neat to add a new technique to your toolbox and keep students on their toes!
TACKY CHRISTMAS SWEATER DAY
Start working on your outfit now - there will be prizes for the winners!
THIS WEEK AT MIS
- School Board Meeting, 5:30 pm
- Grades cut off
- Fourth grade and Treble choir practice, 8:30 and 9:45, MIS cafeteria
- Fourth grade and Treble choir music programs, 8:30 and 9:45, MIS cafeteria
- Tacky Christmas Sweater Day for students and staff
- Grades uploaded by NOON
- Mr. Kelly in lounge with purses and jackets
- No pullouts
- Christmas Sing-a-Long program, 8:30 am, MIS cafeteria
- Christmas parties, 10:30 am
- Early Dismissal, 1:30 pm
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES:
Jan. 4th - Professional Development, MHS Cafeteria, 8:00 am
Jan. 5th - School resumes for students