The Dragon Blast
May 2023 - New Palestine Music & Performing Arts
- WINDING DOWN & GEARING UP
- IMS UPDATE: RACE WEEKEND NEEDS 21 / TRAINING VIDEO
- SPRING CONCERT & SENIOR SHOWCASE PHOTOS
- 2022-23 ISSMA ALL-MUSIC AWARD
- SOCIAL SHOT
- 2023-24 NPBBA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- LAUNDRY & DISH DETERGENT & TRASH BAG ORDER FORM
- ... DAD JOKE!
Stay Involved! Stay in the Arts!
Important Upcoming Dates
New Palestine High School
WINDING DOWN AND GEARING UP!
THE WHEEL KEEPS ON TURNING
It really is incredible how much these kids work! Things are already gearing up for the 2023 Marching season. Spring training for the color guard has started and the big SHOW REVEAL is only days away. Before we jump into the future, it is still May - and our Senior members are in the final stretch of classes and exams. Graduation awaits and then the next chapter in their lives will begin! I'd like to take another moment to say THANK YOU to all the seniors and their parents for all the work you've done these past 4 years to help lift our program to where it is today.
Four short years ago the Class of '23 were wide-eyed Freshmen, trying to follow in the footsteps of the leaders that had begun before them. TALES was MID-STATE CHAMPIONS!
Three short years ago, you had to deal with a director change and the unforgettable COVID situation. The thought of not even having a marching season was unthinkable... but it happened. The 2021 indoor/winter season were even required to perform while wearing masks (that was TOUGH!). We couldn't even watch any other schools perform.
Then, in 2022, you were Marching STATE FINALISTS! What a comeback!!
This past year certainly provided it's share of challenges, and the band/guard/percussion members were always up to the task.
Seniors, you have had an incredible high school career and you deserve all the CONGRATULATIONS and a THANK YOU for keeping the bar as high as previous classes established - and for continuing to help set the example for our "littles", underclassmen, and Juniors (soon to be Seniors!) to strive for. You will all be missed!
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
Until we meet again - Forever Dragons!
To everyone that has signed up for this years gift shop - Thank You!
However... We still need 20+ more volunteers for Race Weekend
For those families & Boosters not directly involved with HS graduation this year, please look at your calendars and consider helping.
Why should you volunteer for the Gift Shop?
- It's a great way to support something your kiddos LOVE
- It's a great ice breaker to get to know other Band parents/Boosters
- Receive up to $100 towards your student account/Angel Fund for working up to 2 shifts.
- A percentage of the profit is divided up and credited to your student's account for every shift worked.
- You receive a SWEET discount on IMS gear.
- It's our biggest fundraiser of the year (being under-staffed puts our biggest fundraiser at risk. If we lost the IMS Gift Shop, everyone's dues would be much, much higher)
- IT'S FUN! Yes, they are long days, but being together - at the Speedway - in the Air-Conditioning - for a GREAT cause - is a recipe for a good time!
You don't have to be a Band Parent to volunteer. Boosters are ANYONE that supports the program. We need your help. Please consider signing up for a shift or two.
SIGNED UP? TAKE A LOOK AT THE TRAINING VIDEO FOR SOME HELPFUL TIPS
THANK YOU to this years Platinum Sponsors
SPRING CONCERT & SENIOR SHOWCASE
Below are some shots of the Spring Concert, featuring the Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Wind ensemble, and a shot of the educational Sight Reading practice for the ISSMA competition later that weekend.
Also below, several shots from each of the performances of the exciting inaugural Senior Showcase!
NPHS EARNS ISSMA ALL-MUSIC AWARD
SOCIAL MEDIA SHOT(S)
Keeping with the success of this years ISSMA Band results, above are the 3 GOLD ratings (one with distinction!) for the 3 NPHS performing groups in April. Another great accomplishment for everyone involved!
SEE LOTS OF PHOTOS AND VIDEOS ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES ON FACEBOOK!!
2023-24 NPBBA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Congratulations to the newly elected Board of Directors:
FUNDRAISER: Laundry, dishsoap, and trashbags
Credit needs to be given to Alex H. This was one of his jokes from the Senior Celebration.
Whats the difference between a large pizza and a musician?
... A large pizza can feed a family of 4....