Jag Journal Summer 2022 Edition!
It is hard to believe that we are almost to July! I hope you all have been sharpening the saw and getting lots of rest and renewal for the upcoming school year! We are excited to welcome everyone back in a few weeks and have included some helpful information for you in this newsletter. Our theme for the 22-23 school year is "Glowing and Growing", to shine a light on all of the wonderful things that our students and staff are doing here at VRE every single day! If you don't already, please make sure to follow us on Facebook.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/valleyridgees
We also want to welcome our new Assistant Principal, Jennifer Roebken. Mrs. Roebken has a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education and a Master’s in Educational Leadership. She has 23 years in LISD- 14 years as an AP, 4 years at Lamar MS, 7 years at McAuliffe, 3 years at Degan Elementary. She has worked in education for 25 years, with 23 of those being in LISD. Mrs. Roebken said that she is excited to become part of the Valley Ridge family and can’t wait to get to know the students, staff and families and is looking forward to a great year!
Be on the lookout for another Jag Journal newsletter in a few weeks with more specifics about the first days of school. Have a great summer!
Lindsey Girlinghouse, Principal
Student Schedules/ Teacher Names
* Please note that class change requests will be considered by the leadership team after the second week of school.
Buying a supply pack:
- Purchase and these will be delivered to your child's class before the first day of school. No more lugging bags of heavy, clunky items to school on the first day. This is a PTA fundraiser that helps fund our initiatives for next year.
- Order at www.educationalproducts.com/shoppacks and enter the school ID, VAL036 (3 letters/3 numbers) to view pack options.
- Final order cutoff is 6/26. After this date we will not take orders and we will not have extra during open house
Individual school supply lists:
- June 26: Last day to order school supply packs
- July 17: Last day to order spirit wear for delivery the first week of school
- August 4: Popsicles in the Park for PreK and Kindergarten
- August 9: Meet the Teacher, 7:30 am- 8:30 am
- August 10: First Day of School- doors open at 7:15, school starts at 7:45