Raymore Update: 03/11/14
News For & About our Staff Family & PLC
Girls on the Run
Girls on the Run started their first practice last week. There are 32 girls participating in this program. Thank you Jenni Beck, Marriah Willis, Trisha Morris, Kristin Alford, and Jen Lowe for dedicating your time to coach these wonderful girls!
Congratulations Mrs. Mullen!
The Ray-Pec Public School Foundation awarded $5,000 to be used in school libraries throughout the district. The funds are earmarked for technology-related enhancements, such as electronic books.
An Artist At Work
During art class, Holden Batchelder concentrates on copying the painting Whistlers Mother.
Girls on the Run
Congratulations Mrs. Mullen!
Congratulations Michelle! We are very proud of you!
It's not what's convenient for the adults but what's best for the kids.
Wish You Well
Continue to keep Sheri in your thoughts and prayers as she prepares for surgery on Tuesday and undergoes surgery on Wednesday. We wish her well through her recovery.
Please keep Charlotte Long (our PTA president) and our students Carly and Jakoby in our prayers as they go through the loss of her father Howard Gatton who passed away Saturday. Details for services are as follows: The visitation will be Tues 5:30-8:30 pm at Cullen's in Raymore with funeral services Wed at 10:30 am at Raymore Church of Christ. Graveside will be in Kansas City KS at Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens. Please keep the Longs lifted up.
Please wish Kristi Patterson's father well as he undergoes surgery on April 1.
Results of Gum and Jeans Day for GG
Assembly Friday, March 14 at 2:30 p.m.
Friday, March 14 at 2:30 p.m. Kevin Horner will be here for an assembly. Kevin is a ventriloquist, illusionist, comedian, and motivational speaker. The message he delivers is all about empowering bystanders, which is what we talk about a lot at Raymore. We want all kids to be an upstander! He also teaches about empathy and how the empathy helps guide us in helping others, which is another thing Mrs. Beck has been teaching in her counselor lessons.
Please review assembly expectations with your class prior to the assembly.
1. Students sit on floor "criss cross applesauce spoons in the bowl"
2. Voices off
3. Respectful responses (no shouting out, yelling, stomping feet, etc)
4. When an adult's hand is raised in the air this is the signal for voice to go off & students raise their hand
Classes will sit on the floor in their designated area. We will begin calling classes around 2:15 p.m. starting with fourth grade.
The assembly should last approximately 55 minutes. Therefore, students should be packed and prepared to leave prior to the assembly. Specials teachers will take first grade students to the assembly and remain with them in their designated area until 2:40 p.m. Specials teachers will then sit with Kindergarten students until the assembly is over. Kindergarten students will leave their backpacks and coats in the classroom and will return to the classroom after the assembly.
Statewide Tornado Drill Post Analysis
Prior to that drill please review the following:
1. Kindergarten classes will all duck and cover in the smaller room in the basement. PCA will stay where they currently are. All other classes will duck and cover in the larger room.
2. Students need to squeeze in tightly ( it's close quarters)
3. Students need to stay in the duck and cover position until given the clear.
4. Students have to be silent so we can make sure we account for all students & hear information needed.
5. Avoid the egresses (areas in front of glass- front of office, top of gym stairs, etc) by making sure students do not stop and wait in these areas.
6. Leave your classroom door open and lights off as a signal to the CRISIS team
7. Practice with your students twice in the next month making sure all of these items are addressed. Please also practice and talk to students regarding needing to stop, duck and cover in the halls if we did not have time to make it to the basement.
Thank you so much for helping make this a safe and quick process! We can never be too prepared.
Reminders & FYIs-some new!
- Please be conservative with laminating film when using the laminator. It is appreciated if you make sure you laminate items closely together without wasting too much space between. This helps save on laminating film. Thank you for your help with this!
- Acuity reports are uploaded to the shared drive for teachers use. Please make sure you update your benchmark data with the current information.
Cherry Berry Night - Thursday, March 13 4:00-9:00 p.m.
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Jennika. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Michelle & Jennika if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 616-4210 and 550-4434
- Call or text Michelle if you will be in the building on the weekend! Protection One and Raymore PD contact her directly, so it's important she is aware in case a worry arises. 616-4210.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
Classroom doors should remain locked and the magnet strip should be used to allow access into classrooms. If you need a new magnet, please notify Jennika.
Attendance should be entered in SIS each morning by 9:00 a.m. Thank you for making sure this is done in a timely manner.
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:20 a.m.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
- Remember to add your current class schedule to the Google RE Shared Folder & before you implement changes; post outside your door too.
PLC: Our Mission, Vision, Values
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement