The Coach's Corner
Keeping Taylor Teachers in the Know- February 8-12
*PLC:Monday- 3rd Grade
Tuesday- 2nd Grade
Wednesday- 1st Grade
Friday- Valentine Parties
5th Grade Reading STAAR Simulation- WIN Tutors and Heather will be pulling small groups starting at 8:30.
Staff meeting after school:T-Tess information, Introduction to Classroom Libraries (Lorie Squalls visiting)
- 2nd Grade PD, Feb. 11, 3PM-4PM
We will be using a different platform for this PD, Moodle. It will allow all campuses to
participate at once; therefore, we will offer one-session after school so hopefully more
can collaborate with the 2nd grade team. Please make sure teams and other staff that
will be joining us for the PD register on Workshop. We will be sending handouts for the PD via email on Workshop.
- 3rd Grade PD, Feb. 19, we will be offering several different time options that will be shared soon.
- 1st Grade PD, Feb. 25
- 2nd Grade: The new Engaging Mathematics resource has arrived. I will get it inventoried and delivered to you this week (great resource for stations! wahoo!)
CHECK OUT THE NEW APP WE HAVE PURCHASED FOR K-5 CALLED "NUMBER BOND BLASTERS."
Friday, February 12th 5th grade PD
- Admin training room 7:20-8:20
- Teachers need to bring a way they are using data from the Pre-Assessments to share.
- This is a time for teachers to share their practices, build their individual and collective capacity, and CELEBRATE!!!
WHY DO WE USE THE COMPREHENSION TOOLKIT? CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
ASKING QUESTIONS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN FINDING ANSWERS: WHAT ARE YOUR STUDENTS WONDERING ABOUT?
Free to all FISD employees
Wakeland High School
Focus will be on interactive word walls/vocabulary
Register on Eduphoria
Upcoming Collaborative Dates:
February 16- 4th Grade
February 23- 5th Grade