This Week at Windsor 1.15.2021
Teachers make a difference at any distance...
We had a great week here at Windsor! We have many new upcoming events listed below, so please be sure to check them out. There is no school Monday, we will see all of our hybrid in-person students on Tuesday, January 19th at Windsor along with any new students that completed the Step 3 survey and made a change from remote learning to hybrid learning. Required metrics to move to 4-day full in-person learning have not yet been met. Students that currently attend 4 days a week will continue to attend 4 days a week.
Lunch service resumes next week, all students are eligible to receive a free lunch daily. All lunches are cold, there is no hot lunch option currently. Please see the menu below for the daily lunch option. Your child's teacher will ask their class each morning who would like lunch for the day, lunches will be delivered to your child's lunch location.
Parent-Teacher Conferences are coming up on February 11th and 12th, be on the lookout for an email from Windsor to sign-up for conferences on February 1st. Parent-Teachers Conferences will be held via Zoom.
Valentine's Day parties will be held virtually on Monday, February 15th. More details will be coming soon.
Picture day will be held on two days this year to allow enough time for cleaning and social distancing; February 17th and 18th. If you are a remote-only student, you have the option to take the picture yourself (please see PTA section below) or you can sign-up for a time slot to bring your child to Windsor to have their picture taken. More information and remote student sign-ups coming soon.
Please continue to follow the drop and go procedures that were sent out last week, it is very important to keep all students safe.
Please read the new guidance information from our health office.
Stay well and enjoy the long weekend,
Mrs. Anastacio and Mrs. Soprano
- Monday, January 18th- No School
- Monday, February 1st--Sign-ups for Parent-Teacher Conferences will be emailed out to families
- Monday, February 8th- Sign-ups for Parent-Teacher Conferences will close at noon
- Thursday, February 11th- Parent-Teacher Conferences-- 8:20 am - 7:20 pm
- Friday, February 12th- Parent-Teacher Conferences-- 8:20 am - 11:20 am
- Monday, February 15th- Valentine's Day Parties
- Wednesday, February 17th- Picture Day (more info to come)
- Thursday, February 18th- Picture Day (more info to come)
Notes from the Health Office...
Please be sure you let us know if anyone in your home develops any symptoms of COVID and keep your children home. Of course, also let us know if your children were a close contact of anyone with COVID and keep them in quarantine.
I posted this information last week:
Please note the new guidelines indicate that quarantine may be reduced to 10 days after exposure to someone with COVID 19 or traveling, HOWEVER the gold standard is 14 days and we are still recommending 14 days. The reason for reducing is science has found there is a significant decrease in risk of transmission after day 10. In cases where people/students are unable to maintain safety mitigations (6 feet of distance, wearing a mask, avoid large crowds, etc) it is NOT recommended to shorten quarantine and they must quarantine the full 14 days. Symptoms can still start up through day 14 after being in close contact with someone who is positive for COIVID 19 so it is important to follow the safety mitigations (6 feet distance, wearing a mask, avoiding large crowds, etc) throughout the full 14 days.
Keeping kids home when ill and following a 14 day quarantine after exposure or travel is working! Thank you for helping us keep COVID out of Windsor!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
Darlene Carpenter, RN
Windsor School Nurse
- Yearbook sales going on now through January 22: https://windsorpta.org/2021/01/09/yearbooks-are-now-on-sale/
- Picture Day is coming February 17 and 18. If you are unable to make these days and would like your child included in the yearbook please see the link here for information about taking photos yourself. https://youtu.be/kdLCkiwBHoE
- Book Fair - This year the book fair will be a virtual event from February 4-17. Kids will be able to navigate online like they would in the gym. More details to come.
- Science Fair - We are postponing the science fair this year to spring and will share more information as we get closer.
Mrs. Stella's Station
Congratulations to the 37 Windsor students who completed the Greg Tang New Year's Challenge! There were over 1500 students nationwide who completed this challenge! We didn't have any winners from the Greg Tang raffle, but we have two winners of $5.00 McDonald's Gift Cards from Windsor School. Our primary grade winner is Yuika from Mrs. Fravel's class, and our intermediate grade winner is Cecilia from Ms. Pinski's class. Congratulations! As soon as the next challenge is offered by Greg Tang, I will be sure to let our Wildcats know! In the meantime, anyone can visit https://tangmath.com/games to play any of the Greg Tang math games online. Have a great weekend!
Important Tech Tip:
Please remind your students that they should power down their Chromebooks at least once a day and maybe at lunchtime as well. That will help the "glitchiness" many are experiencing.
iPads should also be rebooted occasionally to prevent connectivity issues. Instructions are below.
To turn off your Chromebook completely, try one of these options:
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Power .
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Sign out Shut down.
- Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see a menu to Power off or Sign out
To Power Down Your iPad:
- Press and hold the On/Off/Sleep button at the upper-right corner of the iPad. Slide the bar to Power off.