Newsletter Term 4 Week 1
Patumahoe School 19th October 2022
Kia ora Parents, Caregivers and extended Whanau,
It is an absolute pleasure to be writing this newsletter as the Tumuaki of Patumahoe School. I have thoroughly enjoyed moving through the classrooms over the last 2 days getting to know the children and the amazing team of teachers and support staff. I look forward to meeting you all over the coming weeks, and welcome you to pop in and say hello anytime you are in the school.
For those of you that I haven’t yet met, a little about me.
I live in Pukekohe with my husband and 2 daughters. For the last 13 years I have worked at Valley School in Pukekohe in a number of different roles across the school. Most recently I was working as the Deputy Principal with SENCO responsibilities. In June of this year I completed my Masters in Educational Leadership through the University of Auckland.
I am passionate about sports and currently I am the secretary of the Mercer Rowing Club, and a member of the Executive Committee at Pukekohe Netball Centre. Both of our girls row competitively for the Mercer Rowing Club, and my husband coaches a crew of rowers.
As you know the School Board is working on the strategic plan. The strategic plan replaces the school charter and identifies the long term goals for our school over the coming 3 years. If there is something you would like to see included in the strategic plan please do not hesitate to make contact with myself email@example.com or Mike Greig the Presiding Member of the School Board firstname.lastname@example.org Your input is greatly appreciated.
We have our Year 5 and 6 Girls Basketball team out competing today and wish them the very best of luck.
Please remember that Calendar Art orders are due this Friday 21st October and that school will be closed next Monday 24th October as we celebrate Labour Day.
Nga mihi nui,
SCHOOL HATS FOR SALE
A reminder that all children are required to wear hats outside during Term 4 and Term 1 each year.
CHILDREN LEAVING/NEW ENTRANTS
As we begin to look further ahead to the start of 2023 we would like any families who know that they will not be attending our school next year for whatever reason to please notify the office as soon as possible. This helps us with classroom placements and general school organisation for 2023.
If you know of any new entrant children that are due to start in 2023 and are not enrolled in the school please also contact the school office as soon as possible.
CALENDAR ART WORK
All orders are due back into the office by 21st October.
PTA CALF CLUB REVIEW MEETING
We have second hand uniform for sale at $5/piece in the office if you do not wish to buy brand new.
Please ensure you refresh your memory with our uniform policy as below.
School Uniforms identify and promote the safety of Patumahoe School pupils and makes the children feel proud citizens of the community showing school spirit, building confidence and supporting school and community values.
The school uniform is compulsory ensuring our pupils:
Are easily identifiable in the community thereby enhancing personal safety both traveling to and from school and in out-of-school activities.
To have a sense of school pride and belonging.
1. All students are required to wear the designated Patumahoe School uniform
2. The uniform is worn all year round; there is no summer or winter uniform. Children may wear the parts of the uniform needed depending on the weather conditions.
3. The school uniform shall consist of the following:
Royal Blue T-shirts –short sleeve with school logo
Royal Blue Polar Fleece long sleeve with school logo bottoms
Royal Blue Skorts (shorts with a skirt flap) for girls
Royal Blue Taslon pants – long, lined/fleece.
Royal Blue shorts (for boys or girls) - NO rugby/league shorts
Hats - bucket (compulsory for outdoors in Terms 1 and 4)
Beanie – for winter use Terms 2 & 3. (Optional)
During swimming season swimming cap and goggles are compulsory
School appropriate shoes and or sandals should be worn.
4. School uniforms will be available from the designated supplier.
5. When available second-hand uniforms are available at the school for purchase.
6. Thermal long sleeved tops in navy blue or black may be worn underneath the school short
sleeved T-shirts. Navy blue or black tights maybe worn under skorts.
7. If a pupil does not consistently wear the correct uniform, parents will be notified to ensure policy is followed.
8. Nail polish is not to be worn.
9. No jewelry is permitted to be worn except pierced stud earrings and wrist watches.
10. Hair adornments should be kept to minimal and be of school colours.
11. Sports/house T-shirts – available for purchase from time-to-time as one off orders, to be worn on sports days and PE.
Updated - 18/05/2022
- 19th October - Year 5/6 Girls Basketball
- 21st October - Calendar Art last day for orders
- 25th October - BOT Meeting - 5.30pm
- 26th October - Group Day Calf Club
- 04th November - Teacher Only Day
- 11th November - School Athletics
- 16th November - Central Group Athletics
- 16th November - Production - 6pm
- 17th November - Production - 6pm
- 24th November - Zone Athletics
- 29th November - BOT Meeting - 5.30pm
- 01st - 2nd December - Year 6 City Adventure
- 02nd December - Junior Athletics (Rm 14,13, 1,2,3,4,5, 6-Yr 2's )
- 08th December - Year 6 Dinner
- 15th December - Last day Term 4 - Finishing at 12.30pm
- 01st February 2023 - First day Term 1