Lane Intermediate Community Message
Patriot Pride @LaneWAWM
First Day of School - A Day!
Friday, Sep. 1st, 7:45am
1300 South 109th Street
West Allis, WI
September 1st, 2017 is the First Day of School!!!!!
AM Drop Off & PM Pick UP
If you need to come into the office area the northern most entrance is available. The south side entrance is blocked as that is our recess and student gathering area.
Any questions please let us know.
Happenings at Lane Intermediate
September 1 -- Student First Day! September 1 is an A DAY!
September 4 -- No School Labor Day
September 5 -- Second Day of School! September 5 is a B DAY!
September 6 -- PBIS Kickoff during Base Group
September 11 -- PTA Entertainment Book Fundraiser Kickoff
September 12 -- District Student Presentation 'Dangers of Heroin'
September 12 -- Open House
September 15 -- 3rd Friday Incentive - School Attendance Mandatory for Incentive
September 19 -- Lane Parent Project
September 21 -- Entertainment Book Fundraiser Ends
October 2-7 -- Nathan Hale Homecoming
October 10 -- Parent Teacher Conferences (4:30pm-8:00pm)
September 15 - INCENTIVE
Clubs and Sports at Lane Intermediate
Times and dates for the following will be shared through the community message as well as by the staff leading the opportunities.
- Cross Country
- Game Club/Chess
- Saturday Open Gyms
- Student Advisory
- School of Rock
- Tech Club
- Hallway Beautification Club
- Yearbook Club
- Math Club/Mathalete
- Media Club
- Others to be announced.....
We are welcoming in our largest class of 6th grade students (currently 187) to Lane Intermediate since it was reopened FOUR years ago already. We also have a number of new staff to Lane Intermediate - some have been educators in the school district and as well as others who are new to the West Allis West Milwaukee School District. Our Lane veterans and our new staff are are looking forward to getting to know all of our families or seeing you again!
There are always a lot of updates that take place over the course of the year, but below are a couple of the bigger ones to start the school year:
- Lane Leadership Team Consists of: Mr. Antholine (Students A-L), Mrs. Kayzar (Students M-Z), and Mrs. Skonecki (Dean of Lane Intermediate)
- With the above - Lane Intermediate is EXCITED to have Mrs. Kayzar join our leadership team. Mrs. Kayzar was the principal at Lincoln last year. Additionally, Mrs. Skonecki was the Academic Dean at Lane last year and now has an updated title of Dean of Lane Intermediate.
- Connecting with a member of the Lane Leadership team please is best done by contacting the office at 414-329-6610.
- Cell Phones/Personal Devices at school. The WAWMSD has updated the policy on per cell phones and personal devices - what this means is that all cell phones or personal devices must be kept in lockers or sling bags while at school. The cell phone/personal device update will be gone over with students on the first day of school. If you have any questions please contact your child's teacher or a member of the administration team.
- ALL Students at Lane Intermediate will be getting new iPads for the 2017-2018 school year. For the upcoming school year iPads will be remaining at school and will not be going home.
- All Students at Lane Intermediate will be using a learning platform called Epiphany for setting academic and personal goals. Students, parents, and staff will have access to Epiphany by the end of September.
Thank you for understanding!
Lane Parent Project
Lane Intermediate has launched the Lane Parent Project. The 'LPP' works with the administration team to engage in and grow in the understanding of the many changes/updates in learning as well as partnering to increase the engagement of our overall community. Topics include but are not limited to: pathways for learning, trauma, social media, suicide, etc....
The Lane Parent Project has already started, but is looking for parents/guardians that would like to be part of the conversation. If you would like to take part please contact Mr. Antholine - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lane Parent Project - Parent Message
"The Lane Parent Project is almost like our PTA, but we focus more on the academic side of things. The Parent Project is a great, new collaboration between parents and staff focusing on academics, social involvement, and emotional support. It's a great opportunity to learn more about what's happening at our school in the classrooms, have an input, and provide feedback based on your child's experiences at Lane with other parents and leadership members. But we need more voices and experiences to help this grow, which is where you come in. Contact the office to be put on the list for updates, and please join us at our next meeting on (TBD September)!" (Jen Edgett)