My Smore Flyer

Big image

Critique 1

Ellen Schon



Smoke-fired clay

13” x 20” x 20”


This piece is a singular coil pot with warped edges. The piece starts out small at the base and gradually becomes larger as it reaches lip of the pot. It has a very smooth looking texture all through out the piece. This piece is assymetrical because the pattern on the lip. The piece is a 3-D sculpture, giving it depth. It has similar value throughout the whole piece. The piece is monochromatic.

Big image

Critique 2

Laocoön and His Sons

Agesander, Athenodoros and Polydorus

25 BC

White Marble

1.84 m in height


This piece is a large statue of three men and a large snake. The piece is all monochromaticly white, supposedly made out of some sort of stone. The men seem to all be fighting with the snake, and the snake appears to be winning. The piece seems tobe mostly smooth, but there are a few cracks in the statue, presumedly because of its age.

Derpy Whooves

Big image
What can I say about this piece that I havent already said in class? This piece is my baby. One of my favorite shows is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, so I made my whistle project look like Derpy Whooves from that show. The original insparation came from Mr. Jenkins saying that it either had to be a creature that flies or swims, so the first thing I thought was a pegasus. And the first pegasus I though of was Rainbow Dash, but we didnt have enought colors, and... Derpy happened. The hardest part was probably stylizing the tail and mae to fit her mane style from the show. The little nick in the tail gave me a lot of trouble, but it was worth it in the end for the show-realistic design. I spent a lot of time painting it, so that the paint-job came out perfectly. Yeah, I'm VERY proud of my little Derpy... They grow up so fast.


Big image
This was my final project of the year, titled Levitate, becuase it was inspired by parkour. It was modeled after a person doing a backflip off of a wall. It has a smooth texture for the whole piece. There was a bit of a problem with the glaze, but in the end it turned out to be pretty good looking. The backflip design itsself was tricky, because it didnt want to stay upright. I fixed it by drying it on its side.