TLES COMMUNITY NEWSLETTER
October 8, 2021
We are excited to meet with families next week at Parent/Teacher conferences! We know that in order for OUR students to reach their full potential we need to work together to reflect on how they've been performing so far, celebrate their successes, and make a plan and work together on positive next steps. In order for us to make Parent/Teacher conferences as positive and impactful as possible please try to remember the following:
- Be sure you are aware of your conference time and "arrive" on time
- Since conferences are virtual, please be sure you are somewhere with internet access during that time
- Do your best to limit distractions during their conference time (if possible have someone else watch younger children during your time so you can give your full attention to this conference)
- Be honest about your questions and/ or concerns with regard to your child's progress in school
- Be open to listening and understanding the teacher's perspective and guidance
- Have faith in your child, our teachers, and you! Together we will get there! This is a moment in time and not the end of the year. Remember the power of YET. They may not be there...yet. But together we will move them in the right direction.
Please remember that our TK-2 students have never had a full "ordinary" day of school. Even this year is not fully back to "normal." And our 3-5 students too, have been impacted greatly by a year and a half of online learning vs. in-person instruction.
For these reasons, we are seeing an increase in the number of students needing additional social-emotional support as well as extra support for their academic needs.
If your child's progress report indicates that your child is "at-risk" at this time, please know that this means we are aware that at this time your child needs extra help in two or more academic areas. So, now more than ever we need to work in partnership with you to help them so we can move toward grade-level standards.
Additionally, with students' social-emotional well-being in mind, given our current reality and after careful consideration and coordination, the decision has been made by a consensus of TLES teachers as well as elementary administrators to suspend Honor Roll. This does not diminish the knowledge and achievement gains made by students during this time and we are so proud of the hard work and dedication exemplified by our students. Thank you for your understanding!
parent - teacher conference week October 11-15
Running Club starts 10/18
Running Club is back! Beginning Monday, October 18th, we will be offering Running Club on Mondays & Wednesdays for grades 1-5 only. Student drop-off will be at the 5th Grade gate at 8:15 am. If you would like to participate, please complete the Behavior Contract here:
You may also pick up a copy in the Office.
TENT OR TREAT & CANDY DRIVE
Please help TLES PTA make "Tent or Treat" a successful and fun event for everyone! Tent or Treat will replace our traditional Trunk or Treat event this year to comply with TVUSD'S current no volunteers on-campus restrictions. This FREE event will be held at Wolf Creek Park on Friday, October 29th, from 4:30 pm -6:30 pm. If you would like to have a tent, please sign up here: https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/4090949a9a82baaf49-tent
The class in each grade level with the most donated candy or non-candy (allergy-friendly) prizes from Oct 1-Oct 14th will win a popsicle party and extra recess!! Please bring in prepackaged store-bought bags of candy and/or non-candy (allergy-friendly) prizes to your student's teachers by 10/14. These items will be used at this year's "Tent or Treat!" Grade level class winners will be announced at Friday Flag!
Thanks so much for your support!!
don't forget the mask!
PLEASE HELP YOUR STUDENT ARRIVE TO SCHOOL PREPARED FOR THE DAY
- Wear shoes (no flip-flops). Students are able to play on the playground and also participate in PE. It is required that they wear shoes. Sandals are allowed but must have a backstrap.
- Please make sure any iPads that are taken home are brought back fully charged for use at school.
- Please continue to send water for your child (donations welcome also).
- Masks are required. Please send your child with a mask daily. (disposable mask donations are also welcome).
- Please make sure students are rested and fed and dressed appropriately for the weather.
GET AND STAY CONNECTED
Please sign up to be in the group of your oldest child.
Kinder: text @tleskinder to 81010
1st grade: text @tlesfirst to 81010
2nd grade: text @tlessecond to 81010
3rd grade: text @tlesthird to 81010
4th grade: text @tlesfourth to 81010
5th grade: text @tlesfifth to 81010
Running Club: text @tlesru to 81010
DAILY HEALTH SCREENING
To ensure the health and safety of our students, staff, and visitors, all persons entering our campus are expected to adhere to the following protocols.
Students and staff should complete the daily health screening via the email they receive every morning before coming to school or reporting to their work location. If you did not, please use the QR code below.
Face Coverings Are Required when indoors
Here is the link to the daily health screening.
substance abuse services. Please feel free to utilize this resource as
well. Contact the Care Concierge team 24/7 at 888-515-0595, email at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our district's link:
*Please note that if there is an emergency, please call 911.