Smoking and Chewing.
If you can’t stop smoking, cancer will. By: Amiah Lopez
What chewing and smoking can cause...
- Tobacco leads to disease and even disability
- both can cause death
- Smoking can cause asthma, to you and even to your children if you smoke around them
- Both smoking and chewing can lead to cancers such as:
- Bladder cancer
- cervix cancer
- Lung cancer
- Oral cancer
- stomach cancer
- Tobacco causes more than 5 MILLION deaths a year!
- An estimated 70% of smokers want to quit completely
- 1.5 million packs of cigarettes are bought per year for minors annually
- Ammonia - which is found in dry cleaning fluids
- Acetone - which is found in nail polish remover
- Arsenic - rat poison
- Nicotine - causes addiction
- secondhand smoke costs more than $10 billion (i.e.,health care expenditures, morbidity, and morality)
- Each day in the U.S. approximately 3,900 young people smoke their first cigarette between the ages of 12-17.
- An estimated 45% of smokers try to quit each year
- tobacco causes 5 MILLION deaths per YEAR!
- Chew gum
- have a hobby
- suck on lolly pops
- stress ball
- keep your hands occupied