September 25, 2020
Morning Arrival Health Screening
Illness and symptoms
Lest you think your efforts are in vain, here is a scenario (using accurate data for the chain of events) of what can happen if just one student comes to school unwell. Let's select a third grader as our example.
- He or she comes to school not feeling well. Third grader shares the germs with his/her teacher (and classmates) and the teacher begins to feel unwell.
- Teacher must call in sick.The teacher has 3 children in our school and she shares the germs with her children, who in turn share the newly acquired germs with their teachers (and classmates) in PK4 and grades 2 and 4.
- Those three teachers (and their students) and the PK4 assistant begin to feel unwell and call in sick.Those three teachers and the assistant share the germs with their own children in grades 1, 3, 5, and 7. And now those teachers (and their students) begin to feel unwell and call in sick.
- Total sub need at this point: 8 subs.
- Total number of students affected: 7 classrooms, totaling 97 students. So, you can see how one sick child has impacted the school's ability to stay open. Yikes!
Dress Down Day - October 2!
What is a dress down day?
A dress down day is a day that students do not need to wear their school uniforms and staff may dress more casually. We ask that all participants dress modestly (this means no tank tops, ripped jeans, visible bellybuttons...you get the idea). We also ask that participants wear footwear that is appropriate for PE and the playground (this means no flip flops, sandals, high heels...you get the idea). Annnnnddddd...no makeup, please and thank you! (Staff, you may wear make-up.)
Early Dismissal Reminders!
- PK Only: Park in the PK parking lot, ring the PK doorbell, and your child will be brought to you.
- PK + K-8 sibling: Park facing the soccer field and ring the K-8 doorbell. Enter, sign out your children.
- K-8 Only: Park facing the soccer field and ring the K-8 doorbell. Enter and sign out your child(ren).
Community Garden Project Progress
BJAMS Run Wild Virtual 5K Oct. 24 & 25
Together, let's Run Wild like our lives depend on it! Because they do!
We have our first BJAMS team! Create your own with family, friends, or classmates! Invite everyone to join and support you!
Make the fun happen and register now and create a team!
Mondays - Grades 1 and 2
Tuesdays - Grades 3 and 4
Wednesdays - Grades 5 and 6
Thursdays - Grades 7 and 8
Fridays - Grades 7 and 8
United States Council of Catholic Bishops - Call to End Racism
Coming Up Next
Oct 2 - Dress Down Day
Oct 5 - No School
Oct 9 - Fire Drill
Oct 13 - Picture Retakes
Oct 23 - No School
Oct 30 - Half Day; Dismissal is at 12:00 sharp (no ASP available on half days)
Morrisville Parks and Rec - GIVEAWAY!
This is your parent portal formerly known as ParentsWeb. This is where you find all student specific info including homework, where you go to order lunch, and much more!