Watchung Whale Update
December 17, 2021
Important Dates and events
12/21 - 3rd Grade Student of the Month
12/23 - 1:00 Dismissal - NO lunch - NO After Care
12/24 - 1/3 - School Closed for Winter Break
1/4 - School Reopens
Festive Friday Themes
Party in a Bag!
Students who are home on quarantine will have the opportunity to complete the Winter Party Craft. Our PTO is working to put them aside for pickup prior to Dec. 23rd. Please be on the lookout for a message in the next few days giving further instruction.
It's Not too late to donate!
Watchung School's Annual Hat, Glove and Scarf Drive
We will be collecting mittens, hats, scarves and gloves for children in need again this year.
Each class is asked to bring in a specific item to hang on our tree. All items will be donated to FISH, a nonprofit organization that provides assistance and service to individuals in need.
Please have your child bring in the unwrapped item listed below.
Kindergarten – gloves or mittens
1st grade - scarves
2nd grade – hats
3rd grade – scarves or gloves/mittens
THANK YOU AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
lost and found!
Brrrr It's cold outside!
CONGRATULATIONS on this much-deserved honor!
It’s Time to Order Your…YEARBOOK!
Please follow the directions linked below to purchase your 2021-2022 Watchung School Yearbook online. The cost of each yearbook is $20.00.
Go to YBPay.lifetouch.com and enter school code: 3192822
The final deadline to order a 2021-2022 Watchung School yearbook will be April 8, 2022
3rd Grade Student of the Month
Congratulations to the November Student of the Month - Kamari Clark, Ms. Muglia's Class.
Chess Wizards is coming! Classes start January 14 only 14 spaces available!
Mrs. Garofalo – email@example.com
Please take note of this important message;
With Cold and Flu Season Upon us and COVID 19 still prevalent, I wanted to reach out and review when kids need to stay home for a common illness and when they are ill and should get a COVID test:
- Do not send your child to school if he/she is ill in the morning, especially if they have thrown up in the middle of the night or early morning.
- If a child has a fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, please keep the child home for a period of 24 hours without fever and without medication before returning to school.
- If a child has diarrhea or vomiting, they need to be free of diarrhea and no vomiting for 24 hours before returning to school.
● Any child diagnosed with strep throat needs to be on medication for a 24 hour period before returning to school with a physician’s note.
● Be prepared to provide transportation home if you are notified that your child is sick at school.
Please ensure that you are changing your child’s mask daily. Germs love wet, dark, moist places. Some of our friends use their masks as a tissue. Please pack additional masks in their lunchbox and backpacks.
Below is an infographic with COVID 19 symptoms. If your child has 2 or more symptoms, they need a negative test before they can return to school. Please do not send siblings to school while waiting for the sick students' results.
- If your child will be absent or late to school contact the Main Office by 9:00 - Please do not use EdLio for attendance reporting.
- If you are picking up your child early from school contact the main office or send email as to what time you will be arriving
- Label your child's belongings with name and classroom number
- Do not send in any medication to school with your child, please contact the Nurse to arrange a time to drop off
- Please do not park in the parking lot across from the school. The lot is for school personnel parking.
- Please pack extra masks for your child.
- All students should bring a nut/peanut free snack to school each day and a water bottle. Our water fountains are not in use; however, there are bottle filling stations located on each floor of the building.
- Meals: School provided breakfast and lunch remain available for the 2021-22 school year at no cost to families. Students who would like a school provided breakfast may enter door #1 from 8:20 - 8:30 am each day. Students who would like a school provided lunch MUST tell their classroom teacher each morning so that we have the appropriate number available. We have many students that are unaware of their lunch plan and have not been placing the order in the morning. Please check the district website for the daily menu.