The Hornet Buzz
C.A. Johnson High School Library Newsletter Fall Edition
Welcome Back! The Books Missed You
1. Stay Positive. It will reflect in your school work.
2. Stay Organized. It will lessen any stress.
3. Get to Class on time. It will help you to be ready and prepared.
4. Get Plenty of Rest. It will keep you focused.
5. Try your best. Do not give up. YOU are a winner.
Need Homework Help?
Try scdiscus.org. Free 24/7 access to library resources such as Magazines & newspapers, Encyclopedias, Reference books primary sources
Richland School District One and Richland Library are partnering together to provide every Richland One student a Richland Library card/account as part of the White House's ConnectED Library Challenge. Every U.S. elementary, middle, and high school student will receive their very own public library card. Simple use your Student Id number and your PIN to gain access.
Digital Learning Environment (DLE)
In August, DLE laptops were distributed to students. Our goal is 100% of students receiving their DLE. Students remember, your digital device is to enhance your educational experience. Please remember the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is strictly enforced.
Need Homework Help?
Important Dates to Remember
- September 14: RIF 50th Celebration
- September 15 - October 15: Hispanic Heritage Month
- September 26 - October 1: Banned Book Week
- October 9 -15: Teen Read Week
- October 10: All AUP Training (students and teachers) completed by Oct. 10th
- October 12: Photography VLF entries due
- October 27: Read for the Record
- November 16: Editorial Cartoons entries due
- December 5 - 16: Computer Science Education Week
lesson plan collaboration, information literacy skills integration, resources for lessons and class assignments, library & reference skills instruction, provide book talks, prepare reading lists, and lots more!
About Us--C.A. Johnson Library
Library Hours: 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Dr. Veronica Scott, Principal
Tammie Dreher Wells, School Librarian
Lillian Gilmore, Media Assistant
Debra Barber, Technology Coach