Meitnerium was named after the scientist Lise Meitner.
Periodic Table Information
On A Periodic Table
The square with the black box outlining it is meitnerium.
What Does Meitnerium Look Like?
This is what meitnerium looks like.
Meitnerium Electron Cloud
This is the meitnerium electron cloud looks like.
Physical and Chemical Properties of Meitnerium
At normal temperature, meitnerium is known to be solid. Meitnerium is a very dense and heavy metal. It also has a molar volume of 10 cm cubed.
The chemical properties of meitnerium have not had a lot of attention. The tetrahalides in meitnerium and iridium are alike. Meitnerium is said to be a noble metal and a transition metal.
Uses and Characteristics of Meitnerium
The uses of meitnerium are known to be used for scientific study only. It is used in very small amounts due to the heaviness of the element. No large amount of meitnerium have been produce.
It is classified as a radioactive synthetic element. Due to its radioactivity, meitnerium is harmful and dangerous.
- Bentor, Yinon. Chemical Element.com - Meitnerium. Dec. 13, 2015
- "Chemical Elements.com - Meitnerium (Mt)." Chemical Elements.com - Meitnerium (Mt). N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2015.
- Jefferson, Thomas. "The Element Meitnerium." It's Elemental -. Web. 11 Dec. 2015.
- "Meitnerium Element Facts." Chemicool. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2015.
- "Meitnerium Facts." Meitnerium Facts. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2015.
- "Meitnerium: Physical Properties." Meitnerium»physical Properties [WebElements Periodic Table]. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2015.
- "Meitnerium." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 15 Oct. 2015. Web. 11 Dec. 2015.
- Staff, By Live Science. "Facts About Meitnerium." LiveScience. TechMedia Network, 18 Nov. 2013. Web. 16 Dec. 2015.