August 22, 2016 - August 27, 2016
Who are you going to be this year?
Park View Advance
Our Advance will take place at Lake Norman State Park. We will focus on team building activities, school expectations, PBIS and some other fun activities, such as....
Dress comfortably...(shorts, t-shirts, sneakers, sandals....bathing suits optional).
ALL STAFF (teachers, TA's, Tutors, custodians, office) will need to be in the media center by 8:15 for procedures and directions. We will start promptly at 8:15. We will be at the park from 9:00-4:00.
Unfortunately, we could not use school busses for this, so we will need to car pool together. Don't make car pooling plans yet...More information about this Tuesday morning.
Watch video and complete the questionnaire by Friday, August 26th.
Here is the staff handbook for the 2016-17 school year. Click on the picture above. We will review some of the important topics that have been updated at our Opening Staff Meeting.
ALL STAFF....Watch the video and take the test. All test will be placed in your box next week. Please complete by Friday, August 29th and return test to Amber Perkins.
Grade Level Clusters
Derberry - Wright
Allen - Pinkston
Welborn - Morrison
Campbell - Byers
Armendariz - Prescott
Sanders - Stone
Harrison - Russ
Billing/McCloud - Starnes
Stewart/Creech - Lane
Blaney/Hecht - Caldwell
Lucas - Bridges
Hatch/Bakeef - Peeler
Lee/VonCannon - Turner
Burke/Conley - Hall/Josey
Schroeder/M.Stewart - Hall/Josey
Brock/Anders - Broome
Long/Truesdell - Rice
Robbins/Calvert - Sullivan
Samuel/White - Faulkner
Monday, August 22
- Welcome Back Breakfast in the Media Center 8:00-8:30
- 8:30-8:45 Introductions of New Staff, Start and End Time, Phones System not Intercom, Grade Level $$$
- Teachers work in Classrooms
- Kindergarten KEA Meeting @ South 1:00-3:00
Tuesday, August 23
PVES Advance @ Lake Norman State Park 8:00-4:00
- 8:00-4:00 (Lunch Provided)
- This day will consist of: Team Building activities, 2016-17 PV Expectations, Breakout Sessions, Committee Selection
Wednesday, August 24
- Teachers will have the day to work in their classrooms
Thursday, August 25
- Open House 3:00-5:00
- 2 Hour Flex Time (Staff may start at 10:00 instead of 8:00)
Friday, August 26
- Meet with the Dr. Mauney and Dr. SMith 8:15 in the Media Center
- Staff Picture 8:30 or immediately after meeting with our New Superintendent and Executive Director of Elementary (Wear Grey PV shirts and Blue Jeans)
- Convocation 10:00 MHS Auditorium CANCELLED
- New to MGSD K-3 mClass Training 1:30-3:30 PVES Media Center
August 29 - 1st Day of School for Students
September 1st - Staff Collaboration
September 5th - No School - Labor Day 3:30
September 6th - 1st Chick-Fil-A Night 5:00-8:00