Highcroft's Rosie Reader
Follow-Up to Dr. Marty's Email, Aug 10, 2021
We are committed to the safety, health, and wellness of each of our students and staff. We know this is not how we wanted to enter this school year and we crave some normalcy of years past. However, we are confident that our strategies will be successful, and we appreciate the continued support from our families and community. We will ensure that when students walk through the Highcroft Ridge doors, that they feel loved, supported, and empowered to achieve great things! We cannot wait to watch our super leaders soar throughout the 2021-2022 school year!
By now, I am hoping you have all read Parkway's COVID safety guidelines. These guidelines do have specific impacts on how we do business at Highcroft Ridge. Hopefully, this document helps answer some questions. Highcroft Ridge relies so heavily on our parent community.
I want to assure you through all of this, that we are committed to engaging kids in Highcroft Traditions, great learning, and lots of fun.
What will the classroom look like?
- Our fabulous HCR staff will continue to provide the best educational opportunities for all kids.
- Masks will be worn inside.
- Only essential items will be brought to school: coat or jacket, bookbag, lunch box and supplies.
- Frequent handwashing, washing of playground equipment will be practiced.
- Seating will be arranged to distance students as much as possible.
- Kids will not share supplies in most situations. If they need to share, a thorough cleaning process will be used.
Will parents be allowed to volunteer or attend inside events?
- We will host a drive-through Wave Parade and Supply Drop Off on Thursday, August 19th from 4:30 - 5:30 pm. Please see more information below.
- Parkway is restricting visitors in the building. If you need to drop off any materials for your child during the school day, please come to the main door and ring the buzzer. We have a drop-off box to the right of the door. We will get the materials to your child.
- We are also unable to host outside events, in most occasions, where parents are in attendance. Due to this, we have to cancel our Popsicles with the Principal, grades 1-5.
- If you are a kindergarten family, you will be receiving an invitation to attend a modified Welcome to Kindergarten event.
- We will be hosting a virtual Curriculum Night. More information will be sent out.
How can I get my child's supplies to school? What about Open House?
- Open House will be restructured to be a drive-through wave parade and supply drop-off from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm on Thursday, August 19th.
- At 4:30 pm we will open the drive so that you can drive through the lot and give your supplies to your teacher.
- Families will be expected to stay in cars.
- Please have supplies in a labeled bag as we are not sharing supplies.
What will lunch and recess look like?
- Students will eat in the lunchroom with their own class.
- Students will use sanitizer before they enter the cafe.
- Students will wait in line, socially distanced, to buy lunch or they will go to their lunch table.
- Students will distance themselves to the fullest extent possible at the table.
- Students with allergies will be assigned to a designated table to keep themselves safe.
- Students will play in designated areas, which will rotate by day and time, with their classmates.
What if I have a meeting or there is an event?
- All 504, IEP, and parent-teacher conferences will be held virtually.
- All community events will be held virtually until further notice. We will put all events on social media. We will continue to think strategically about helping families get a view into their child's day.
Aug 11- Popsicles with the Principal is canceled
Aug 12 - Welcome to Kindergarten Event - information will be sent out this afternoon
Aug 19 - Drive Through, Wave Parade, and Supply Drop Off 4:30 - 5:30 pm
Aug 23 - First day of school
Sept 6 - Labor Day - No School
Sept 22 - Picture Day
Sept 23 - VIrtual Curriculum Night 6-7:30 pm