MIDDLE-CHILDHOOD HEALTH CONERNS
Hearing, Vision, Teeth, and Obesity.
- Middle childhood is the healthiest period for children.
- There are fewer sore throat, upper respiratory disease.
- Middle ear infection during preschool years.
- School age children are not illness free.
- children's hearing usually developed by middle childhood.
- By 11 children have the awareness of an adult.
- Ear infection can be a health problem.
- Left untreated can cause permanent hearing loss.
- By age 6 most children are ready to read.
- Many children are farsighted.
- Most common vision problem in nearsightedness.
- It is important to have children's vision checked regularly.