Wednesday, October 10, 2018
Sign up to take the Fall 2018 PSAT/NMSQT!
Every October the PSAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test is offered to 10th and 11th grade students at Henley. This year the test will be on Wednesday, October 10th in the morning.
Starting with the 2018-2019 school year, the PSAT will be optional for all 10th and 11th grade students. Please contact your counselor to sign up for the October 10th PSAT.
10th grade counselor: Mrs. Todd
11th grade counselor: Mrs. Reichardt - you will also need to pay Mrs. Schwartz, bookkeeper in the main office, the $16 test fee by Friday, October 5th.
- The PSAT/NMSQT is FREE for all 10th grade students
- The PSAT/NMSQT costs $16 for each 11th grade student**
**Fee waivers: 11th grade students in the free or reduced lunch program may use a fee waiver to take the PSAT/NMSQT for free. Please talk to your counselor about this before the test date. If you use a fee waiver for the PSAT, your CollegeBoard account will automatically be loaded with two fee waivers to take the SAT for free.**
Should I take the PSAT?
The PSAT/NMSQT should be taken by:
- Any 10th or 11th grade student planning to attend college after high school
- Any 10th or 11th grade student who would like more college and scholarship information - sign up for Student Search Service when taking the PSAT to receive this information
- Any 10th or 11th grade student who wants more practice on these standardized/college admissions type tests
- Any 10th or 11th grade student who would like FREE personalized SAT practice on Khan Academy - see more information below
- Any 11th grade student who does well academically and may qualify for the National Merit Scholarship - taking the PSAT/NMSQT your junior year is the ONLY way to qualify for this scholarship!
Free or very inexpensive practice for the SAT or ACT!
#1 FAQ: What's the highest score you can get on the PSAT?
#2 FAQ: Did I qualify for the National Merit Scholarship?
Answer: If you are in 11th grade and will graduate high school in 4 years or less, you meet entry requirements for the 2019 National Merit Scholarship Program and your Selection Index score will be considered among 1.6 million program entrants.
If your Selection Index places you among the 50,000 high scorers who qualify for National Merit Scholarship Program recognition, you will be notified next September when qualifying Selection Index scores will be made available.
I have my results! Now what?
- Create a CollegeBoard account at studentscores.collegeboard.org and get your full PSAT/NMSQT score report (click “Sign Up” to create a new account - if you already have an account from last year login with that login information).
- Create a Khan Academy account at https://www.khanacademy.org/sat and link it to your CollegeBoard account for free, personalized practice for the SAT. See video below for more details.
- Use other tools like BigFuture, which are available via your online score report.
- Register for the SAT or ACT. You do not need to take this test until the end of your junior year; however, you may register now for the June 2019 SAT on the CollegeBoard website.If you choose to take the ACT instead, you would register on the ACT website. Click here for more information on registering for the SAT or ACT: https://www.smore.com/1z2vj