Digital Teaching and Learning @PCHS │ September 5, 2017
How Do Students and Staff Download Apps?
Some of our students do not have an Apple ID on their devices. This means that they cannot download apps from Apple's App Store. That's OK, they don't need Apple's App Store to receive the apps they need for class.
Look for the ASD20 App Catalog on any school device. This is our catalog of apps. Students and staff may download any of our apps from this location. Have you requested a specific app for your class? Let me know what it is, provide me with a class list, and I'll make sure it gets "pushed" to all of your students.
As a reminder, please do not ask your students to download an app from Apple's App Store without submitting it to me or checking our latest list of approved resources. We are trying to make the process of using digital resources as smooth as possible while complying with State law.
Digital Learning Study Halls
Thursday and Friday this week, LMC. Stop by with your quick questions or get help with a project.
Mini IC, ALEC & SharePoint Workshops
Department meetings and SAGA this week.
Which Digital Tools are You Using?
Partner with us and help us ensure your tools are approved and ready for the next school year. Visit Pine Creek's Resource List; it includes the resources submitted at the end of last school year or the District database. Don't see your resource? Fill out the Digital Tool Application and we'll get it submitted to District IT for approval. Once the tool is approved, we'll update our list and inform you. This process takes time, especially if a purchase needs to be made.
Please be patient with us and the District as we embark on this new process. The District database is continually being updated as is our own resource list. Our goal is to ensure you have the resources you need while protecting our students' privacy.
What can your Digital Learning Coach do for you?
- Share with you what tools we have available to you and your students
- Show you how to use the tools we have
- Push out course-specific apps to you and your students
- Co-teach with you so that you can focus on the content and I can focus on the tool and any digital issues
- Trouble-shoot issues, iPad and Desktop
- Share our Vision and what it means as we travel down the road towards making that it real
- Help you plan and reflect on lessons using digital tools
- Provide Digital Citizenship tips and resources
I'm here to serve you!