Principal's Weekly News, January 18th
JSE Monthly Attributes
Characteristic of a Successful Learner (CSL): Think Reflectively
Bucket-Filling Trait: Friendship
It's a Marvelous Monday at JSE!
This week we take time to recognize students who reached and surpassed their 2nd quarter goals as well as students with exemplary attendance. With the 2nd semester upon us, students will be revisiting their classroom and individual goals. Thank you for supporting them in reaching their goals! I have included a brief article on how you can get involved. Click here: Setting Goals
- Report cards will go home in Thursday Folders. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call your child's teacher. Parent teacher communication is essential to continuous improvement.
- 4th/5th Grade Parents: 2015 ISTEP scores with rescore results are available on the Indiana Parent Network. You will use your invitation code to access this score for your child, if you need another invitation code, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
We hope to see you Thursday! PTO supports our READ for 20 and would like to help you fill your home library! This Thursday anytime from 6pm-7pm join us at JSE's BINGO for Books Family Night! More information shared below. How many free books will your family take home? Families with future JSE Kindergartners are also invited. Please spread the word!
Making Tracks: Many of our elementary students are participating in the Peter Pan Jr production at Wheeler High School. They are all working very hard to create another fantastic production for our community. The shows times are Friday, Jan 29th at 7:00; Saturday, Jan 30th at 7:00 and Sunday, Jan 31st at 2:00. Tickets are $7. Come out and cheer them on.
Every Student, Every Day!
- PTO Meetings: Second Tuesday of every month 6pm, JSE Cafeteria Next meeting: February 9th*All are welcome!
- January PTO Newsletter will be in your child's Thursday Folder.
- January 21st 6pm BINGO for Books in the cafeteria
1/21 Report Card
1/21 BINGO for Books
1/29 Elementary Basketball Night at WHS 5:30pm JV and 7pm Varsity
Every Friday is Spirit Day! Wear orange and green!
Something to look forward to January 29th!
School Closings or Delays
We have chosen to utilize many vehicles of communication so that we may have redundancy if one of our methods of communication fails and to better serve the preferences of our community. When a decision to CLOSE or DELAY school is made,
an alert is posted on the following:
Union Township School Website: www.union.k12.in.us
- Mass Email & Text Message via Harmony (UTSC Student Information System)
- Notifications to Adams Radio Group
- Indiana 105
- Wake AM 1500
- UTSC Facebook Page
- "Notify Me" sign-up on our webpage
*Breakfast is not served on school delays.
Thank you for bundling up our children and getting them to school safely this frigid morning. As Old Man Winter is always around the corner this beautiful season, please check to ensure you have access to at least one of the methods of communication above should we have a delay or closing of school.
Be a part of the UTSC staff!
Substitute Bus Drivers
Applications are available on the district website. Please contact central office for additional information. Thank you for your interest!
You are always welcome at JSE!
Please let us know how we can strengthen our partnership with you!
Leigh Barnes, Principal
Barb Rittel, Secretary
Chris Fields, Home School Advisor
Kathy Maniszko, School Nurse