The Grass Valley WAG
Week at a Glance - Family Edition: 12/9 - 12/13
The Grass Valley Way!
- December 11 Site English Language Learner Subcommittee (SELLS) Meeting
- December 12 Maker Expo!
- December 11, 13, 14 Vision to Learn Glasses On-Site
- December 18 Coffee with the Principal (CHANGE IN DATE)
- December 18 School Site Council (SSC) Meeting
- December 19 Winter Showcase
- December 20 Student of the Month
- December 20 Minimum Day - Teacher Planning/Collaboration
- Lost and Found We have over one hundred jackets and other items in our Lost and Found. We do NOT have the space to continue to hold on to these. During the week of December 16-20, we will display all coats throughout the building. If your student has lost a jacket, please be sure that they look for it an claim it. Any remaining items will be donated.
- Healthy Foods at Grass Valley As per the OUSD Healthy Foods guide lines and our conversations at Back to School Night, remember that unhealthy foods, like soda, hot chips, and candy are NOT allowed at Grass Valley. Please be sure not to send them with your student.
- Pick up and Drop off When picking up/dropping off your student on Dunkirk, please drop them off quickly and do NOT make a U turn, instead go around the block. Traffic needs to flow quickly to assure student and driver safety.
- Cell Phone Policy Students who bring cell phones to school, must turn them off and leave them in their back pack. If cell phones are found in use at school, students will receive a warning the first time. If a student has a cell phone out again, it will be confiscated by the adult and held in the office until the parent can pick it up.
- Getting the newsletter online! We'd like to continue sending out the Week at a Glance, but will begin doing so ONLINE ONLY. Please be sure the office has your email address for us to add to the list! We currently have correct emails for about 80 families.
Information about Grass Valley's Future
Grass Valley Principal
School Site Council (SSC) Meetings
Grass Valley Elementary School
Wednesday, December 18, 2019
What is SSC?
SSC members and attendees work together with the Principal to make determinations about how we will use our budget. The Council regularly reviews site wide data and determines priorities to support our continued growth.
Everyone is highly encouraged to attend!
Site English Language Learner Subcommittee (SELLS)
Grass Valley Elementary School
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
What is SELLS?
SELLS is a subcommittee of the SSC dedicated to discussing issues pertaining to students who are English Learners.
All families with students who are English Learners are highly encouraged to attend!
Support your Eagle in showing Grass Valley Way!
Grass Valley Way
- Be Safe
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
Weekly Focus: Being RESPECTFUL by APOLOGIZING to others when you cause harm
- "I apologize for ________"
- "I understand it could make you feel ________"
- "I will not do it again."
Reward: Each week, the classes who demonstrate the Grass Valley Way most will earn extra recess with Ms. Beckner on Friday!
A bit about Ms. Beckner...
I feel so excited and honored to have the opportunity to lead as a member of the Grass Valley staff! This is such a vibrant and tight knit community and I look forward to continuing to get to know the many facets of it. As you get to know me, you will learn that I am very transparent, so please reach out with questions and communicate your needs, so that I can do everything in my control to support you in meeting the needs of the incredible young people we serve.