Boone Meadow Friday Flyer
A day late, but still timely...November 14, 2020
Dear Boone Meadow Families -
Wow! What a week!
We had a great week celebrating BME. Thank you for your support to have your children participate in our spirit week.
BME/Blue RIbbon Videos: Each day, we also shared a video with student and staff interviews. I'm including the videos below should you desire to view.
Dine for Dollars Success Continues - Thank you to families that purchased cookies from Jill's Cookies. We received a donation yesterday from the proceeds for approximately $450. These funds will go to Boone Meadow PTO. Information for upcoming "Dine for Dollars" opportunities are included below.
Remote Learners Material Pick Up on November 17th - Families of remote learners can come by the school between 11:30-12:30 & 2:45-3:30 to pick up your child's materials. Staff will be available to assist.
Remote Learner Directory - For those families that are participating in remote learning, see the information below on how you can opt in to the remote learner directory.
Enjoy your weekend.
Tom Hundley, Principal
The Real House Dogs of Boone Meadow - Episode: 1
As families come through the car line each day, we are not only greeted by smiles and welcomes of students and parents, we also receive wags of welcome from family pets. I thought it might be fun to share a few of our furry friends of our BME family. Welcome to the first episode of the "Real House Dogs of Boone Meadow."
Celebrate Boone Meadow/Blue Ribbon Videos
Parents of BME Remote Learners:
As a reminder, our next materials pick-up day at BME will be on November 17th from 11:30-12:30 or 2:45-3:30.
In addition, some have asked about having a directory to be able to contact other remote families. We have a ZCS parent volunteered to create this for you should you desire to participate. Chas Biediger (from PVE) has created a link for each remote classroom where you can add your contact information. Once this is received she will share the directory with any parents who have signed up. Please note this is completely voluntary and this will only be shared by Chas with other families who wish to have their information published. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your teacher or Christine Squier at email@example.com.
- Callie Surface https://forms.gle/CszaEtVzyTu2aEpB6
- Jill McCune https://forms.gle/YhgsgyxoU7vH48HT7
- MacKenzine Orbaugh https://forms.gle/7rpMptXNTc8jo9JJ7
- Jamie Smith https://forms.gle/c3oGaoKcuuecQzrx7
- Rebekah Graham https://forms.gle/uMLQXNfAUjdAKfuD6
- Kelly Mattingly https://forms.gle/eUHYNxJFUp8xEJ4S7
- Melinda Strawmyer https://forms.gle/Sm4kERb9VizjRMZg9
- Michelle Weesies https://forms.gle/9W81D5GenUrhd6pa8
- Lynne Munley https://forms.gle/A2gy4VUYuoF1GZPb9
- Erin Nahrstadt https://forms.gle/aHX5UwMUR5mhE4Eb6
- Kellie Valentine https://forms.gle/sYdq1qBAYpLbNRgm8
- Stephanie Compton https://forms.gle/L6BhPE3c38GiCgi37
- Lindsay McGuire https://forms.gle/t8Guovfzf8AUQMWr6
Boone Meadow PTO Dine for Dollars
November 18th we are partnering with City BBQ again since last time was such a success. (Your overwhelming support created a demand that stretched their team beyond their expectation, and they hope to be well-prepared for this round.)
The next opportunity will be with Soupremacy on December 2nd. If you haven't heard of it, check out their Facebook page, they offer soups galore and more! If you have any suggestions of another place to partner with, please let me know.
Upcoming partnerships include:
November 18th: City BBQ - All Day
December 2nd: Soupremacy - Pick up 4-6pm
December 16th: Noble Romans -5 pm – 9 pm
January 6th: Panda Express- ALL DAY
Laura Santos, PTO Member
ZEF Bash on Nov. 14th:
Mark your calendar and recruit your team for ZEF Bash 2020 as we host a fun, interactive Virtual Trivia Night on Saturday, November 14th from 7:00-8:30pm. You won’t want to miss this chance to support our schools while engaging in a little friendly competition with your friends and family. Will the ZEF Bash trophy be yours to keep? Learn more and register today: https://zionsvilleeducationfoundation.org/2020/09/15/zefbash/
Arrival and Dismissal Notes:
Below, you will find some updates regarding arrival and dismissal:
- Thank you for keeping our fire lane clear until signaled by staff to pull up. The fire lane must remain clear as much as possible for potential emergency needs and school deliveries.
- Displaying car/family numbers in an easy to see manner is greatly beneficial. Ball point pen writing on a post it placed on your dash is hard for my old eyes to see, so bold numbers hanging from the rear view mirror or attached to the passenger sun visor assists in moving vehicles efficiently through the line.
- Please reduce idling when possible. The build up of vehicle emissions is not only harmful for the environment, but also creates unhealthy air quality for staff and students.
Walker/Bikers: This year, we have 30-40 more daily walkers/bikers than years past. Therefore, we will continue to assist with crossing Main Street by having staff present whenever possible. Please note the following items:
Significant weather (walkers/bikers) - When weather is inclement with heavy rain, heavy snow, sleet, etc...walking to school is highly discouraged. The office team will make the decision if staff will be present at the crosswalk.
- If families decide to walk to school and no crosswalk staff is present, an adult or family member must safely escort students to the front doors. The doors will open at 7:50 for arrival, and families should wait at the front doors with their students until the doors open.
Dismissal on inclement weather days: Walkers and bikers will be dismissed after car riders (approximately 2:35). This allows families to use the car line for pick up. Simply display your family number while you are in line and pick up your child(ren) at the front door with staff assistance.
In the event of questionable or severe weather, families must utilize the car rider procedures instead of walking/biking. (stormy weather, lightning, sleet, you need to get Toto before going to the Land of Oz...)
Please do not bypass the car rider line and request to pick up students from the parking lot, other school sidewalks, etc... Again, we must adhere to all procedures for the safety of students and staff.
Upcoming Events & Important Info
November 14 - ZEF Bash (Trivia Night); Diwali
November 17 - Remote Learner Materials Pick Up
November 18 - City BBQ (all day, Dine for Dollars)
November 25-27- Thanksgiving Break
December 2 - Soupremacy (Dine for Dollars)
December 10 - Hannakah begins
December 16 - Noble Romans Dine for Dollars (5-9)
December 18 - End of Qtr 2
December 21 - January 1 - Winter Break
January 18 - MLK Jr. Day (no school)
January 19 - No School
February 12 - Chinese New Year
February 14 - Valentine's Day
February 15 - Presidents Day - No School
February 17 - Ash Wednesday
March 12 - End of Quarter 3
March 14 - Daylight Savings Time
March 17 - St. Patrick's Day
March 28 - Palm Sunday/Passover
April 2 - April 9 - Spring Break
April 2 - Good Friday
April 4 - Easter
April 13 - Ramadan Starts
April 15 - ZWest Music visit to BME
May 5 - Cinco de Mayo
May 13 - Eid
May 26 - Last day of school
May 27 - Teacher work day
May 31 - Memorial Day
Some COVID tests are not currently accepted by the Department of Health for return to school/work –
- The only negative result that will allow a child/staff member back into school is a PCR. (Per IN Dept of Health and Boone County Health Department, a negative rapid antigen test for SARS-CoV-2 is not acceptable for a return to school.)
- Schools can accept any antigen test if it comes back positive---We will treat as a positive case (Through this process, we will inform you of isolation/quarantine protocols as required by the state and county health departments.)
- If a family/household member has a PCR antigen test that comes back negative and the individual has no symptoms, then no other testing is necessary. Students can return to school.
- If symptomatic and rapid antigen comes back negative then a follow up PCR test is required due to the high rate of false negatives in the rapid antigen test.
Important NOTE: * If an individual has had a close contact with a positive COVID case, a negative test cannot shorten the quarantine period.
ZCS and the Zionsville Diversity Coalition partnered to create a list of mentor texts that support our elementary adopted literacy curriculum. Books donated will be placed in our elementary classrooms for teachers to use and to offer our students mirrors (seeing themselves), windows (seeing others), and doors (opportunities to learn about differences) because in ZCS, EVERYONE BELONGS!
You can utilize School Pay to pay for textbook rentals and to fund lunch accounts. Information about School Pay as well as additional lunch details, such as the monthly menu, can be found on the Food Services website.